Page 1 of 1
Lanning, Players & Oregon Social Media postgame = 10 of 10 no notes
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:51 am
by bdkipe
From Lanning’s composed comments, to his hope that Stephens learns, to the shots at USC attendance and coming to USC for concerts….
…to our players just being calm in the postgame tune while USC was doing the “hold me back bro” thing…
…to Oregon’s SM team and the “bigger picture”?
We handled this about as well as it could be handled.
To borrow a phrase from Big Suke, Oregon has “an adult in the room”.
Lanning is fiery, passionate and fueled to the gills with Zyn, but in the wildest moments that man is more Zen than Zyn.
I was ready to puke at the start of the 4th but every time they showed Dan on TV he looked so calm and relaxed. Just making his notes and talking on the headset. Complete belief. Despite what might have been going on inside him.
I am beyond impressed, and not as a fan. Just as a human.
Re: Lanning, Players & Oregon Social Media postgame = 10 of 10 no notes
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 11:56 am
by rsbgduck
Agree, still would of liked to see Dan deck Riley at the post game handshake

Re: Lanning, Players & Oregon Social Media postgame = 10 of 10 no notes
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 12:34 pm
by SuperDuck
rsbgduck wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 11:56 am
Agree, still would of liked to see Dan deck Riley at the post game handshake
In all reality, I sincerely doubt that Riley took any pleasure from the hit on Moore, or to the smiling faces and handshakes on the USC sideline. I wouldn't be surprised to see suspensions happen from the school and/or punishment from the Big-10 Conference.
Re: Lanning, Players & Oregon Social Media postgame = 10 of 10 no notes
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 8:00 pm
by bdkipe
Riley is an elite offensive mind. He’s a Top 5-10 offensive mind in football including the NFL.
He’s not a head coach and that’s okay.
My roommate, who I met because we were good golfing buddies, is born in Norman, raised in Norman, went to OU and his family bleeds Red and white. Season tickets, etc.
I asked him when Riley left in 2021 what he thought and he told me most Sooner fans weren’t too upset. They wanted a return to defense and toughness and didn’t really feel like he was “the guy”. They appreciated him, were glad for all his success and respected his acumen but they knew he’s ultimately limited.
He was their version of Helf, just with a bit more sustained success.
Re: Lanning, Players & Oregon Social Media postgame = 10 of 10 no notes
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 11:05 am
by UOducksTK1
Not saying you're wrong, but a relative of mine who likes the Ducks (but spent most his time in the midwest) was actually bothered by Lanning's comment: "Three wins against these guys. I guess if you're interested in winning football games and you're from this area, you should go to Oregon. You want to go to a Chris Brown concert; you should go here"
He thought it was classless and said Lanning went down a couple notches. I tried to explain to him that Lanning wouldn't talk this way against almost any other opponent except Riley/USC. He didn't understand. But I can also see how people viewed Lanning in the opposite light after this game.
Re: Lanning, Players & Oregon Social Media postgame = 10 of 10 no notes
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:37 pm
by Phalanx
UOducksTK1 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 11:05 am
Not saying you're wrong, but a relative of mine who likes the Ducks (but spent most his time in the midwest) was actually bothered by Lanning's comment: "Three wins against these guys. I guess if you're interested in winning football games and you're from this area, you should go to Oregon. You want to go to a Chris Brown concert; you should go here"
He thought it was classless and said Lanning went down a couple notches. I tried to explain to him that Lanning wouldn't talk this way against almost any other opponent except Riley/USC. He didn't understand. But I can also see how people viewed Lanning in the opposite light after this game.
I could be wrong, but I have a suspicion that there is a story behind those comments. I actually agree that they seem a bit out of character for Dan or any coach that just earned a big win. Seems like another shoe will drop at some point, like when we found out how Colorado's team was behaving after Dan released that undiplomatic pre-game speech.
Re: Lanning, Players & Oregon Social Media postgame = 10 of 10 no notes
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:01 pm
by droop10
Phalanx wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:37 pm
UOducksTK1 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 11:05 am
Not saying you're wrong, but a relative of mine who likes the Ducks (but spent most his time in the midwest) was actually bothered by Lanning's comment: "Three wins against these guys. I guess if you're interested in winning football games and you're from this area, you should go to Oregon. You want to go to a Chris Brown concert; you should go here"
He thought it was classless and said Lanning went down a couple notches. I tried to explain to him that Lanning wouldn't talk this way against almost any other opponent except Riley/USC. He didn't understand. But I can also see how people viewed Lanning in the opposite light after this game.
I could be wrong, but I have a suspicion that there is a story behind those comments. I actually agree that they seem a bit out of character for Dan or any coach that just earned a big win. Seems like another shoe will drop at some point, like when we found out how Colorado's team was behaving after Dan released that undiplomatic pre-game speech.
I think the entire story is just around USC’s social media trolling the Ducks in the offseason after every recruiting win. He’s just responding with his own recruiting pitch. I believe he said as much this morning on a clip I saw. Can’t remember which show it was.
Re: Lanning, Players & Oregon Social Media postgame = 10 of 10 no notes
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 3:15 pm
by pezsez1
I have zero issue with Lanning's comments. I'm sure part of it is all the recruiting stuff, and also USC's attempts to troll Oregon before the game, but really I think Lanning was just pissed about what happened with Dante, probably also with the USC players trying to start something in the tunnel afterward. I think that was his way of saying "F*** those guys," and if I'm being real that's the kindest version of how I was feeling at that moment.
Re: Lanning, Players & Oregon Social Media postgame = 10 of 10 no notes
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 3:21 pm
by Phalanx
droop10 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:01 pm
I think the entire story is just around USC’s social media trolling the Ducks in the offseason after every recruiting win. He’s just responding with his own recruiting pitch. I believe he said as much this morning on a clip I saw. Can’t remember which show it was.
Yes, it seems to have been in response to last spring's trolling on social media by USC, among other things.