Page 1 of 1

I'm finally back

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2026 7:49 pm
by greenyellow
Sorry I've been gone so long but I couldn't help it due to unforeseen equipment failure and installation delays. I had wireless internet from my previous ISP and the RF receiver went out on September 17th but it was old tech and they no longer had equipment that worked in my rural area so lost my internet completely. It just so happened that it went out the day I had a scheduled visit from the local fiber internet company who'd recently installed a new fiber line down my road this summer. Due to scheduling issues, I just got the underground fiber from the main line to my house trenched/installed on October 1st and they just finished the installation at around 6 PM tonight. So glad I had the patience to deal with it as it's so much faster and stable as my previous internet was only reaching 5 Mbps on good days but now it's working at around 100 Mbps. Streaming games is going to be so much better going forward.

Re: I'm finally back

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2026 9:06 pm
by Phalanx
Welcome back, GY. Trying to find internet solutions in rural areas can be a challenge, glad you figured yours out.

Re: I'm finally back

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 10:44 am
by UOducksTK1
I was getting concerned when I had to post game threads, and not you!

Re: I'm finally back

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 2:19 pm
by greenyellow
UOducksTK1 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 10:44 am I was getting concerned when I had to post game threads, and not you!
If I was going to take a voluntary extended break, I would have told you and others. It's taking me a bit getting used to having working internet again as I had to do other things to keep myself busy. Having fiber internet really makes me wonder how I ever streamed nearly every Oregon game that I couldn't watch on regular TV.