Oregon State @ Oregon (Sunday)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: Oregon State @ Oregon (Sunday)

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Missed the first half. What was the problem?
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

turnovers and can't hit broad side of barn
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Oregon State's defense has our number right now.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

haha I love the fact that the first thing I see is WAY TO GO KENT! What does he have to do with the fact that they can't hit any open jumpers, and are making silly turnovers? He can't literally hold their hands through the process. This game is far from over. They should be able to pull it out still. OSU isn't playing well by any stretch of the imagination. They just have to get into a rhythm shooting.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Why aren't we getting Dunigan involved? Ridiculous..

droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Well they were turning it over constantly trying to get the ball inside. Hard to set up plays for him when they are constantly losing the ball 10 seconds into the possession. Also, he got himself into foul trouble and had to sit out a good 6-8 minutes to finish the half. Could be part of the reason.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Armstead is playing solid as usual. But Porter REALLY needs to look for the pass. He's driven a couple times and shoots with two guys on him when there are 2-3 wide open players on the perimeter. Thank goodness he is not our PG
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

so armstead is only a soph? thats awesome.

dunnigan was getting burned on d early here in the second half. had to sit him.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

He was getting burnt, but also couldn't contest the shots as well because he picked up his 3rd foul. Still the one thing he needs to work on. I mean he's still raw in general and could work on a lot of things, but that should be his primary concern, staying on the floor.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

droop10 wrote:He was getting burnt, but also couldn't contest the shots as well because he picked up his 3rd foul. Still the one thing he needs to work on. I mean he's still raw in general and could work on a lot of things, but that should be his primary concern, staying on the floor.
He was getting burnt because he didn't want to pick up his third foul... And I'm talking about on offense, we never feed him the ball.

endene
One Star Recruit

Post by endene »

It seems like osu plays overly aggressive in the first half and gets ahead in the foul count. Then in the second half they can pretty much get away with murder.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

and right now they are hitting everything and playing well beyond themselves. nothing worse than when the other team finds a magic touch.

this is the first bb game i have gotten to see this year.......... come on ducks.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
droop10 wrote:He was getting burnt, but also couldn't contest the shots as well because he picked up his 3rd foul. Still the one thing he needs to work on. I mean he's still raw in general and could work on a lot of things, but that should be his primary concern, staying on the floor.
He was getting burnt because he didn't want to pick up his third foul... And I'm talking about on offense, we never feed him the ball.

He already had his 3rd foul when he was getting rocked. That's why he started playing less aggressively. Then when Kent put him back in, he continued to play loose like that. He needs to learn to play aggressively while also not picking up stupid fouls. Don't want to be overly critical, because he's a young guy that's still improving but this is clearly his biggest weakness in my eyes right now. I realize you were talking about offense...but without being on the floor due to foul trouble it's hard to do much on offense. And they turned the ball over constantly in the first half trying to get the ball inside, which contributed to him not seeing the ball as often.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

whosyourwally wrote:and right now they are hitting everything and playing well beyond themselves. nothing worse than when the other team finds a magic touch.

this is the first bb game i have gotten to see this year.......... come on ducks.
Which always seems to happen when I tune in to the game. I am a curse and I am solely responsible for the Blazers demise this season as well.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Ernie needs to tell porter that he has other players on
the court. they have reverted back to porter against
the other team. he is not a point guard. give armstead the
dam ball and let dish it.