Oregon State @ Oregon (Sunday)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Re: Oregon State @ Oregon (Sunday)

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

By winning I meant winning consistently. And I understand the youth thing, we are young. But not THAT young. College basketball doesn't take a ton of experience. Young players & teams have great success.

And again, whos fault is it that we have so much youth? We didn't have a 3-4 guys take off for the NBA early like ucla. Kent just did a bad job of managing our recruiting classes. Like I said, every excuse comes back to the same thing. Its on Kent.

If he was a good X's & O's guy, we played great D, he got consistent effort from our players & we challenged in every game, then I would be ok with it. But thats not the case. I think thats the main thing with most Kent detractors, he doesn't do the main things well (in game coaching mostly) so when he also fails at these other things, its just too much.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:By winning I meant winning consistently. And I understand the youth thing, we are young. But not THAT young. College basketball doesn't take a ton of experience. Young players & teams have great success.

And again, whos fault is it that we have so much youth? We didn't have a 3-4 guys take off for the NBA early like ucla. Kent just did a bad job of managing our recruiting classes. Like I said, every excuse comes back to the same thing. Its on Kent.

If he was a good X's & O's guy, we played great D, he got consistent effort from our players & we challenged in every game, then I would be ok with it. But thats not the case. I think thats the main thing with most Kent detractors, he doesn't do the main things well (in game coaching mostly) so when he also fails at these other things, its just too much.

Whose to say he didn't plan it like this...I'm excited to see this team when these kids are Junior's and Senior's...Could be special
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

So he planned on having to replace 8 players in 2 more years? That's absurd.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:So he planned on having to replace 8 players in 2 more years? That's absurd.
How else would you explain it...He could have redshirted Humphre or Wiley this year easy.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

pudgejeff wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:So he planned on having to replace 8 players in 2 more years? That's absurd.
How else would you explain it...He could have redshirted Humphre or Wiley this year easy.
You know, you're right. I'm sure he meant to lose all those game last year too. It's all a part of his genius plan. Kent can do no wrong!