Arizona State @ Oregon (Thursday 5:30 PM)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Re: Arizona State @ Oregon (Thursday 5:30 PM)

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

duckgrad99 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:26-11 now. What has happenned to the team we watching beat wazzu & udub? Holy crap.

Pathetic. Then again, I'm not surprised. Kent always seems to lose his team at some point during the season.
Unfortunately you're right. We should have seen this coming. And I wouldn't be surprised if we went on a big run in a few weeks & dominated everyone we played. Its a microcosm of Kent's entire career here. There is such a lack of leadership on this team. These kids play like they're in a city league. No coaching, just go out & play. Kent has completely lost this team.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Lute Olsen occasionally lost his team for a game or so, but never a whole season.

Obviously there are better motivators/gameplanner than Oregon has settled for over the years.

At least when Harter was coach, you knew his team came to compete hard, every night.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

It wasn't just the Oregon offense in the first half either. 46 points given up in a half to Arizona State. I would guess they average about 65 total.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

more ugly basketball :oops:

TP continues to dominate the ball and throw up ridiculous shots.

Our Transition defense is horrible. :oops:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

ugly..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Why wait until the end of the season to get rid of Kent? I am still in shock that Jamil Wilson chose Oregon. Where is Dunigan? Where is the Armstead from early on? Stop playing Porter so much!!!!! I don't know what's worse, the offense or the defense.
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

The lack of leadership is disgusting. Kent has no fire in the way he coaches, and the whole starting lineup is Frosh/Soph with Porter the only Senior. And TP obviously is not the kind of player who encourages smart plays. IE the 3 from 8 feet behind the arc at the end of the half when this team showed some life. I've only watched the last two games and I can tell my rec team has a better gameplan than them. I mean, their inbound plays are awful!! Everyone just kinda stands around, two people kinda cut around into more defenders, and the inbounder is forced to chuck it in the area of one of his teammates and two defenders. It's embarrassing.
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

I want to hear what the Kent lovers have to say about this game. It's just more of the same. Kent needs to be let go at the end of the season. End of story.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Dunigan with only 16 minutes tonight. I don't care if it's a blowout, get him the experience!!!!! These players are so inconsistent, which is very reminisent of their head coach.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duckgrad99 wrote:Dunigan with only 16 minutes tonight. I don't care if it's a blowout, get him the experience!!!!! These players are so inconsistent, which is very reminisent of their head coach.
Such a joke. Dunigan should be getting 30 minutes a game with 10-12 shots per game...

Again only 3 fouls.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Also, I think Longmire and Williams should start over Singler and Wilson. Lekendrick and Teondre were doing well to start the season and then Kent benched them.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

duckgrad99 wrote:Why wait until the end of the season to get rid of Kent? I am still in shock that Jamil Wilson chose Oregon. Where is Dunigan? Where is the Armstead from early on? Stop playing Porter so much!!!!! I don't know what's worse, the offense or the defense.
Because you don't fire your coach in the middle of the season unless there's a better reason than "we're losing". It throws the team into turmoil and doesn't even give the guys a chance to win. There's no upside to getting rid of Kent now either, and it's disrespectful to him on top of that. Whether or not he's a good coach, he's still a pretty good guy (I don't know him but I know people that do).
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Tray Dub wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:Why wait until the end of the season to get rid of Kent? I am still in shock that Jamil Wilson chose Oregon. Where is Dunigan? Where is the Armstead from early on? Stop playing Porter so much!!!!! I don't know what's worse, the offense or the defense.
Because you don't fire your coach in the middle of the season unless there's a better reason than "we're losing". It throws the team into turmoil and doesn't even give the guys a chance to win. There's no upside to getting rid of Kent now either, and it's disrespectful to him on top of that. Whether or not he's a good coach, he's still a pretty good guy (I don't know him but I know people that do).

There is already turmoil. Let Dunlap coach the rest of the season. Kent might be a good guy, but it's all about results. And disrespectful to him? He isn't doing his job well. This is real life, he can get over it. It's time to get serious about the basketball program.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I don't agree with firing coaches mid season. Its unfair to the players. But he should without a doubt be gone as soon as the last game is over.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

duckgrad99 wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:

There is already turmoil. Let Dunlap coach the rest of the season. Kent might be a good guy, but it's all about results. And disrespectful to him? He isn't doing his job well. This is real life, he can get over it. It's time to get serious about the basketball program.
I haven't heard anything about turmoil. I just don't see any advantages to firing him right now that would outweigh the costs.