Oregon @ Cal (Thursday 7:30)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

scaredhitless08
Two Star Recruit

Re: Oregon @ Cal (Thursday 7:30)

Post by scaredhitless08 »

pudgejeff wrote:
oregontrack wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:After reading several articles this week, I have never seen a team as excited to play on the road as Oregon is this week. Honestly, that is pathetic and should tell people a lot about the program. Mac Court used to be an incredible home court advantage. Now, the coaches, players and fans want nothing to do with the place. Incredibly sad.
I've noticed this too, and I echo the sadness. For YEARS Ernie has worshiped Mac Court as the best homecourt advantage in the nation (coachspeak, sure, but there's little doubt he loves the place), and now he's saying there's "no place like the road."

This is turning surreal. I want my basketball program back.
Maybe the fans and students should show up and be loud...Support this team...Coming of a pair of road wins and it being the last civil war in Mac court the place was a disgrace, same with the Arizona games.
Fire EK and the fans will come back. :!:
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

I think Mac Court was only 700 short of a sell out for the CW. The fans did come back and try to support the team. And then they were treated to an ungodly performance.
ImageImageImageImageImage
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

oregontrack wrote:I think Mac Court was only 700 short of a sell out for the CW. The fans did come back and try to support the team. And then they were treated to an ungodly performance.

700 short of a sell out for the last civil war is them coming back?...That's hilarious...And they weren't lout...it was truly disgraceful...And the Arizona game was even worse in my opinion cause those have been the games that have gotten the loudest in my memory...I remember that place feelin like it was gonna fall down playing against them...Some of the funnest times...Now, very quiet, even during the run to make it a tie game late in the first half...there is no home court advantage now and that's sad...Just show's how fair-weather the fans really are
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

pudgejeff wrote:
oregontrack wrote:I think Mac Court was only 700 short of a sell out for the CW. The fans did come back and try to support the team. And then they were treated to an ungodly performance.

700 short of a sell out for the last civil war is them coming back?...That's hilarious...And they weren't lout...it was truly disgraceful...And the Arizona game was even worse in my opinion cause those have been the games that have gotten the loudest in my memory...I remember that place feelin like it was gonna fall down playing against them...Some of the funnest times...Now, very quiet, even during the run to make it a tie game late in the first half...there is no home court advantage now and that's sad...Just show's how fair-weather the fans really are

Fans follow the attitude of the coaches and players.
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

duckgrad99 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:

What are you talking about?...Where do you even get that from?...Fans cheer and get the players going...yes they may join in when it's going good but they also bring them up and give them that advantage.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

pudgejeff wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
oregontrack wrote:[

I've noticed this too, and I echo the sadness. For YEARS Ernie has worshiped Mac Court as the best homecourt advantage in the nation (coachspeak, sure, but there's little doubt he loves the place), and now he's saying there's "no place like the road."

Maybe the fans and students should show up and be loud...Support this team...Coming of a pair of road wins and it being the last civil war in Mac court the place was a disgrace, same with the Arizona games.
If the team requires excited fans to win games then that in itself is a problem. Unfortunately, most fans are not going to be that loud for a team that lost to Missouri by 37, lost to Montana by 13, lost to Portland, and was losing to a terrible Oregon State team. I would like them to be loud, but to expect it is naive. We should be able to win at home anyways.
Wow...Way to show your lack of knowledge about the team and those games...probably under the same assumptions as the rest of the fans instead of paying attention...Good job
:lol: So that Montana loss WAS impressive for us? I SHOULD be excited about losing to Missouri by 37? Explain to me exactly what was ignorant about what I said.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

pudgejeff wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:

What are you talking about?...Where do you even get that from?...Fans cheer and get the players going...yes they may join in when it's going good but they also bring them up and give them that advantage.

If the players don't show a lot of energy and look like they don't care, fans are going to do the same. It doesn't help when coach Kent tells everyone he can't wait to get on the road.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

pudgejeff wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:

Have you ever played a sport? You do NOT need fans to get excited unless you're adrenaline-challenged.
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

Tray Dub wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:

If the team requires excited fans to win games then that in itself is a problem. Unfortunately, most fans are not going to be that loud for a team that lost to Missouri by 37, lost to Montana by 13, lost to Portland, and was losing to a terrible Oregon State team. I would like them to be loud, but to expect it is naive. We should be able to win at home anyways.
Wow...Way to show your lack of knowledge about the team and those games...probably under the same assumptions as the rest of the fans instead of paying attention...Good job
:lol: So that Montana loss WAS impressive for us? I SHOULD be excited about losing to Missouri by 37? Explain to me exactly what was ignorant about what I said.

Not that you should be exicted about the Missouri loss or that Montana loss was impressive...It was that those games were played without 3 or 4 of our best players and the team that played in the doesn't resemble anything like what we put on the court now or would have put on the court then, including our best post in Dunnigan who was on a short leash al OOC games so he would be healthy for the start of pac-10...So saying your ignorant is correct if you didn't know these things, if you did and still couldn't make the connection then I'm not sure what to tell you
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

duckgrad99 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:

If the players don't show a lot of energy and look like they don't care, fans are going to do the same. It doesn't help when coach Kent tells everyone he can't wait to get on the road.
Kent didn't say this until after the fans didn't show un and were terrible.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

pudgejeff wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:

Not that you should be exicted about the Missouri loss or that Montana loss was impressive...It was that those games were played without 3 or 4 of our best players and the team that played in the doesn't resemble anything like what we put on the court now or would have put on the court then, including our best post in Dunnigan who was on a short leash al OOC games so he would be healthy for the start of pac-10...So saying your ignorant is correct if you didn't know these things, if you did and still couldn't make the connection then I'm not sure what to tell you

How do you explain the last 3 games then?
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

Tray Dub wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:

Have you ever played a sport? You do NOT need fans to get excited unless you're adrenaline-challenged.
Yes I have...have you?...With an actual crowd?..That gives you a home court/field advantage?...It pumps you up even more, gives you greater confidence, helps you play through pain, exhaustion, struggles.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

pudgejeff wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:

No, I did know that. I'm explaining that it's hard for the fans to be excited about a team with that embarrassing of losses, even if some of them do understand that we were playing injured. Other than a good win against Washington and a "win" against WSU that we didn't deserve, we haven't had a single thing to hang our hat on all year. Nothing at all to get excited about. And anyway, missing some starters is not a good enough excuse to explain getting beat by 40(!) points to a mediocre Big 12 team.

When I get to go to games, I am loud and I do support the team. But I understand why some people don't get excited anymore.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

pudgejeff wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:

Yes I have...have you?...With an actual crowd?..That gives you a home court/field advantage?...It pumps you up even more, gives you greater confidence, helps you play through pain, exhaustion, struggles.
A loud crowd helps, but fans do not "get the players going". The players should be going 100% no matter the decibel level of the crowd. If they are not and require the fans to play well enough to not get blown out by ASU, for example, then there's a huge problem with our program.
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

Tray Dub wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:

No, I did know that. I'm explaining that it's hard for the fans to be excited about a team with that embarrassing of losses, even if some of them do understand that we were playing injured. Other than a good win against Washington and a "win" against WSU that we didn't deserve, we haven't had a single thing to hang our hat on all year. Nothing at all to get excited about. And anyway, missing some starters is not a good enough excuse to explain getting beat by 40(!) points to a mediocre Big 12 team.

When I get to go to games, I am loud and I do support the team. But I understand why some people don't get excited anymore.
That was my point in the first place saying they are fair-weather...Just as you do, I also cheer loud and give full support...I'm speaking on those that don't...In my opinion they deserve to get told they were disappointing and they're excited to get away from them, fair-weather fans are one of my biggest pet peaves