Oregon @ Cal (Thursday 7:30)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: Oregon @ Cal (Thursday 7:30)

Post by dd10snoop28 »

I remember watching the washington games and being surprisingly shocked at how good our dfense was. It seemed like neither of the washingtons could get a good look near the basket. It was some of the best defense I've seen Oregon play in a while. But then we come out and play this kind of defense? It looked like we were a whole different basketball team that didn't know how to stay infront of their man or rotate when a man got beat.

I just don't know how you can play such great defense those games and then play like this. Disgraceful. I feel like I couldve brought a better defensinve effort then some of the guys showed tonight. Totally unacceptable
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Jacob deserves to start..

Lineup should be:
PG-Armstead
SG-(Anyone but Porter, maybe Hump?)
SF-Wilson
PF-Jacob
C-Dunigan
Been saying it for weeks. This lineup with Williams at SG
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

If Kent is not fired at the end of the season, I will be pissed. It i obvious that he cannot get the job done, next year will be no different, the team might be a little better but they will still under perform.
24webfoot
One Star Recruit

Post by 24webfoot »

Kent has lost touch with his players, seems to be no scheme no plan and little desire, what fundamental skills they had seem to erode under Kents coaching, he would be ok at recruiting coordinator, but there must be a better XandO guy available...
Robstu
One Star Recruit

Post by Robstu »

duckgrad99 wrote:Porter stinks. He is now like 28-90 shooting in pac-10 play.
Porter is as worthless as it gets. Cannot wait till he is not playing for this team and taking ill advised three pointers.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

24webfoot wrote:Kent has lost touch with his players, seems to be no scheme no plan and little desire, what fundamental skills they had seem to erode under Kents coaching, he would be ok at recruiting coordinator, but there must be a better XandO guy available...
What game did you watch?
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

pudgejeff wrote:
24webfoot wrote:Kent has lost touch with his players, seems to be no scheme no plan and little desire, what fundamental skills they had seem to erode under Kents coaching, he would be ok at recruiting coordinator, but there must be a better XandO guy available...
What game did you watch?
You can't honestly be insinuating that there was some sort of tremendous game plan put together last night. That was one of my most embarrassing moments as an Oregon fan. Leaving the game Cal fans were remarking on how frustrated they were to not be able to talk trash because our team was so pathetic. Went to the game with my dad and uncle (ex collegiate bball player); Uncle said he'd never seen a team play so disorganized.

What game did you watch?
AKA: CAgrown
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

pudgejeff wrote:
What game did you watch?

Are you serious? Jeff?
scaredhitless08
Two Star Recruit

Post by scaredhitless08 »

duckgrad99 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
What game did you watch?

Are you serious? Jeff?
There's been no gameplan for weeks, I was at the CW game cheering loudly. But, when our gameplan consists of Porter hucking ill advised 3's and dribbling around on offense, into the paint back out to the three over and over again w no obvious sets or plays. And then...

You feed Dunnigan the ball, and he's getting fouled or scoring inside and u go away from that. I feel for the big guy, there hav been times where he gets the ball down low, isn't in the best position, he then kicks it out re-posts and gets better position and the damn guards instead of re-feeding him, huck up ill advised 3's and Ernie benches Dunigan... I'm done watching this team until EK is gone, it's painful watching this team play.
scaredhitless08
Two Star Recruit

Post by scaredhitless08 »

scaredhitless08 wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
What game did you watch?

Are you serious? Jeff?
There's been no gameplan for weeks, I was at the CW game cheering loudly. But, when our gameplan consists of Porter hucking ill advised 3's and dribbling around on offense, into the paint back out to the three over and over again w no obvious sets or plays. And then...

You feed Dunnigan the ball, and he's getting fouled or scoring inside and u go away from that. I feel for the big guy, there hav been times where he gets the ball down low, isn't in the best position, he then kicks it out re-posts and gets better position and the damn guards instead of re-feeding him, huck up ill advised 3's and Ernie benches Dunigan... I'm done watching this team until EK is gone, it's painful watching this team play.
BTW, I feel so much better now. I wouldn't burn my tix's, I'm getting a refund and donating the $$$ to charity.
QuackSince82
Four Star Recruit

Post by QuackSince82 »

scaredhitless08 wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
What game did you watch?

Are you serious? Jeff?

I know what you mean about feeling for Dunnigan. He seems to be the main player that EK is always yelling at too.
Robstu
One Star Recruit

Post by Robstu »

scaredhitless08 wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
What game did you watch?

Are you serious? Jeff?

Turrrible... I really want to get excited about basketball... but ernie's rat ball is so frustrating to watch.