Chamberlain Oguchi

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Chamberlain Oguchi

Post by duckgrad99 »

http://media.www.dailyemerald.com/media ... 0439.shtml

How about that, a former Oregon player having success somewhere else? Watch Viney light it up next season for Loyola Marymount.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: Chamberlain Oguchi

Post by pudgejeff »

Oh man...Thank you Daily Emerald...Champ was by far and away my favorite player of that class or ever at Oregon...I donno just from the get go when we got that whole class he was my favorite...I was so mad when he left...I think it was the one and only time i've wanted EK fired, I hated him for it...I remember yelling for them to put him all the time and how much fun it was to watch him in the pac-10 tourney as a sophmore and the first 10 games or so of his junior year as a starter and one of the best players on the team until he hurt his ankle coming down from getting a rebound and it was like EK forgot about him while he was hurt and never played him again after he got healthy...And I remember him coming in late against Florida after TP went 0-for all day and hitting a few late three's in that furious comeback we almost made and couldn't help to think what if EK had done it earlier and felt all along that, that was the final straw that broke causing him to leave. I'm so happy for him and I hope he gets into the tourney so we can watch him in the first round...or maybe one of those something buster games they play on espn with the small schools late in the season from the MVC.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I've been informed by former players that him leaving was in part due to his fear of Ivan Johnson. Seriously.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Really? Fear as in gonna fight?...He didn't seem like much of a fighter(Champ).
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

pudgejeff wrote:Really? Fear as in gonna fight?...He didn't seem like much of a fighter(Champ).
Kind of. Ivan did not like Champ at all, and it scared the hell out of Champ I guess. It got to the point where Champ was carrying weapons.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Hmmmm, seems to me there is always turmoil involved with the Oregon basketball team.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

duckgrad99 wrote:Hmmmm, seems to me there is always turmoil involved with the Oregon basketball team.
No doubt. Who was the PG who transferred from LSU? He left the team because of Kent, which isn't surprising.
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:Hmmmm, seems to me there is always turmoil involved with the Oregon basketball team.
No doubt. Who was the PG who transferred from LSU? He left the team because of Kent, which isn't surprising.
He transferred because he wasn't good enough to earn playing time.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

No doubt. Who was the PG who transferred from LSU? He left the team because of Kent, which isn't surprising.[/quote]
He transferred because he wasn't good enough to earn playing time.[/quote]

Kind of hard to back up that claim given the way the rest of the team has played. :lol: