Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: Sim gets beat up in practice

Post by Tray Dub »

pudgejeff wrote:
UofDuck wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
northbeachsf wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:I like that there is feistyness and intensity in practice...It looks like a big f*** YOU to all you people saying they gave up on Kent...Why don't you eat crow instead of trying to talk more s***
LOL. You crack me up joker! Why the eff would anyone be eating crow here? The team is going to miss the post season for the second straight year, players are fighting in practice (Sim with a frickin walk on of all people), players are getting kicked out of practice (Humphrey), players are getting suspended for grades (Longmire and Williams), some players (Longmire) are are calling out other players on the team for quitting and not hustling, at least one player (Humphrey) has come out and said he is unhappy with the situation in Eugene and I suspect he will probably transfer after this season. I know there are others that feel the same way.

So where is my crow? You are right! Things look like they are really coming together.
Yeah I know we won two games, but do you really think this team has the ability to go 6-3 on the back half to scrape out an NIT bid? I wouldnt bet my house on it if I were you.
I'm talking about all the people saying this team gave up...Cause obviously if they're working like this in practice they haven't...Way to not be able to read a simple post and try to go on a tirade about something I wasn't talking about...Congratulations
Uh, obviously they have given up. What did they end up with 42 today. This is getting to be such an embarrassment.
They actually worked there asses of today they just couldn't hit anything...When you can't shoot you can't do anything
No. Did you watch the game? Being able to shoot has a lot to do with what kind of shot you create for yourself. When you're constantly not working the ball around, not making the extra pass, not cutting without the ball, etc. you're not going to shoot well. NO team shoots well if their offense works the way ours does. Stop blaming everything that goes wrong on bad luck. I don't know why you're so pro-Kent, but your sycophancy is no longer even plausibly rational. Our attempts at solving their 1-3-1 looked like 7th graders who have never seen a trap before. It was embarrassing.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Tray Dub wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
UofDuck wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
northbeachsf wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:I like that there is feistyness and intensity in practice...It looks like a big f*** YOU to all you people saying they gave up on Kent...Why don't you eat crow instead of trying to talk more s***
LOL. You crack me up joker! Why the eff would anyone be eating crow here? The team is going to miss the post season for the second straight year, players are fighting in practice (Sim with a frickin walk on of all people), players are getting kicked out of practice (Humphrey), players are getting suspended for grades (Longmire and Williams), some players (Longmire) are are calling out other players on the team for quitting and not hustling, at least one player (Humphrey) has come out and said he is unhappy with the situation in Eugene and I suspect he will probably transfer after this season. I know there are others that feel the same way.

So where is my crow? You are right! Things look like they are really coming together.
Yeah I know we won two games, but do you really think this team has the ability to go 6-3 on the back half to scrape out an NIT bid? I wouldnt bet my house on it if I were you.
I'm talking about all the people saying this team gave up...Cause obviously if they're working like this in practice they haven't...Way to not be able to read a simple post and try to go on a tirade about something I wasn't talking about...Congratulations
Uh, obviously they have given up. What did they end up with 42 today. This is getting to be such an embarrassment.
They actually worked there asses of today they just couldn't hit anything...When you can't shoot you can't do anything
No. Did you watch the game? Being able to shoot has a lot to do with what kind of shot you create for yourself. When you're constantly not working the ball around, not making the extra pass, not cutting without the ball, etc. you're not going to shoot well. NO team shoots well if their offense works the way ours does. Stop blaming everything that goes wrong on bad luck. I don't know why you're so pro-Kent, but your sycophancy is no longer even plausibly rational. Our attempts at solving their 1-3-1 looked like 7th graders who have never seen a trap before. It was embarrassing.
Although I do agree with you that our attempts at beating the 1-3-1 were embarrassing they went away from it...And we had lots of open shots at the rim and wide open jumpers...We weren't forcing shots, we weren't against the shot clock...Your anti-Kent is hilarious in that you just put everything as negative instead of being able to actually watch the game...I talk about both sides of it, including Kent's faults...But I believe he's the best option
RuhlandAsherBestEver
Three Star Recruit

Post by RuhlandAsherBestEver »

Never want to get beat up by a walk on.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

pudgejeff wrote: Although I do agree with you that our attempts at beating the 1-3-1 were embarrassing they went away from it...And we had lots of open shots at the rim and wide open jumpers...We weren't forcing shots, we weren't against the shot clock...Your anti-Kent is hilarious in that you just put everything as negative instead of being able to actually watch the game...I talk about both sides of it, including Kent's faults...But I believe he's the best option
See, the thing is, I was one of the more pro-Kent guys up until a couple months ago. I defended him lots of times, especially last year when everyone wanted him fired and I wanted to give him another year. But at the point where you can't break a relatively common defense whatsoever against a very bad team (and it would've been embarrassing if we had been playing the Lakers. But Oregon State is s***, and we still couldn't stay close), you know something needs to change.

Our poor shooting was a direct result of our inability to run an offense against the 1-3-1, and then later, a direct result of not moving the ball around with any sense of purpose. Good teams make every pass count. Our team just passes when the guy with the ball isn't open enough to huck up a shot. Our offense goes through someone who can no longer shoot 80% of the time but doesn't realize it, our one offensive asset either gets into foul trouble or is always underutilized, and Armstead looks like he's regressing to me.

And even if you still don't buy that scoring 40 points against a terrible team was only a result of just being a little cold, if we can't shoot that's also a pretty damn big problem. This isn't an isolated incident. Our shooting has been bad a lot this year. I think it's because we don't get high-percentage looks, but if you're right and we do, then why the hell are we missing so often? Inability to shoot is just as big a problem as being bad at defense, not hustling, etc. Obviously there's something wrong with this team, and it's not being corrected.
ducksvb6
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksvb6 »

Is it possible that we had the lowest scoring D1 team in the country this week? That must say something about where we are.
ducksvb6
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksvb6 »

My comment caused me to check...Michigan had 44 against Wisconsin so I feel a little better..
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

The team had 4 assists the entire game. That's not working hard.
ImageImageImageImageImage
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

I think the biggest problem with this team is it's built on athlete's and not scorers or basketball players...Like EJ, he's a basketball player, but that's about the only one other than Armstead we have and Malcolm gets frustrated with himself and teammates and when he does he gets worse and worse...You need to have a balance...I really believe this team is gonna be really good next year and the year after
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

pudgejeff wrote:I think the biggest problem with this team is it's built on athlete's and not scorers or basketball players...Like EJ, he's a basketball player, but that's about the only one other than Armstead we have and Malcolm gets frustrated with himself and teammates and when he does he gets worse and worse...You need to have a balance...I really believe this team is gonna be really good next year and the year after
If they're being coached properly.
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

DarronThomas1 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:I think the biggest problem with this team is it's built on athlete's and not scorers or basketball players...Like EJ, he's a basketball player, but that's about the only one other than Armstead we have and Malcolm gets frustrated with himself and teammates and when he does he gets worse and worse...You need to have a balance...I really believe this team is gonna be really good next year and the year after
Ummm actually my statement was very much conditioned on things staying the same with the same coach and all...I feel like they are being coached properly...Athletes play better when they're mature and seasoned...Scorers and "basketball" guys can excel younger ala EJ...I really hope they don't fire Kent and set the program back 3 or 4 years, that'd be a good way to go into a new arena.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

pudgejeff wrote:
DarronThomas1 wrote:
Ummm actually my statement was very much conditioned on things staying the same with the same coach and all...I feel like they are being coached properly...Athletes play better when they're mature and seasoned...Scorers and "basketball" guys can excel younger ala EJ...I really hope they don't fire Kent and set the program back 3 or 4 years, that'd be a good way to go into a new arena.

Come on man, you sound just like Ernie. How has the team done the last 5-6 seasons? The program has already been set back, just in case you haven't noticed.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

There's no way pudgejeff is being serious.
ImageImageImageImageImage
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

duckgrad99 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
DarronThomas1 wrote:
The last 5-6 seasons?...The seniors on this team went to the elite 8...Ya I know you want an NCAA tourney run every year...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Why don't you go tell me which pac 10 teams have had more success NCAA tourney wise than Oregon over the last 10 years...That includes total tourney appearances and also there runs in them.

Come on man, you sound just like Ernie. How has the team done the last 5-6 seasons? The program has already been set back, just in case you haven't noticed.
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

Why is it so laughable to expect to be in tournament contention every year? Surely it's not because the other teams in conference are so successful, as Jeff seams to think we are as good as the Pac 10 has come tourney time :lol:

I do expect to have a team vying for a tourney berth every year, and I don't think it's that funny. Why not? UO is in a state with strong prep basketball, we have unreal academic support and facilities, we have Nike, and we have a new arena coming that will be the nicest in the country.

Again, these people that laugh at the idea of becoming a perennial bball contender are spouting the same garbage people said about football in the 90s. "We'll never be an annual competitor with the big boys.........." (Legit National Title contention in '01, '07, arguably this past season and supposedly next year).

It comes down to simple questions. Should we be satisfied with continually underwhelming (see .500 career record) basketball, or should we strive to be better than a team that 2 every 12 years gets into the tourney and makes a legit run? I say we shoot for better. To those who say "How do we know anyone else would be better?" I say, how do you know they won't?
AKA: CAgrown
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

Oh and Washington, UCLA, Arizona, Stanford, and even Washington State have had better last 10 years, arguably, than Oregon. That's half the conference.

Why should we measure success purely on how a team does when they get to the tournament if we can't even get to the tourney 60% of the time?
AKA: CAgrown