Erik Spoelstra

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Erik Spoelstra

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

http://www.addictedtoquack.com/2010/3/1 ... #storyjump

I had no idea but the guy grew up in portland, went to jusuit high & University of Portland. Addictedtoquack.com was the first I've seen mention him as a possible candidate. Don't think we'll get him or even go after him but still interesting:

Erik Spoelstra - Miami Heat

Pros: Hear me out on this, I know what you are thinking, "no way in hell an NBA coach comes to Oregon." Really? Is it that farfetched that a guy who grew up in Oregon, who's parents still live here and who is now living on the East Coast would have a desire to return home and be a hero? Spoelstra is the only guy I would take over Mark Few. He's a hell of a coach, has a name brand that would sell out Matt Court for the next decade to come, he's young (just turned 39) and has the Northwest connection to stay and turn Oregon into a national powerhouse of a program. Think Carroll going to USC. Think about Spoelstra walking into recruit's living rooms talking about how he made Dwayne Wade's shot better. Also, think about if Wade decides to jump ship this year and play elsewhere about the fact that Spoelstra will be leading a team with their best player being head case Michael Beasley. Is it really that farfetched now? Lastly, think about how Kenny Payne has a connection with Spoelstra's agent and supposedly Payne is the only guy staying from the Duck's coaching staff.

Cons: This will take money, and lots of it
greenyellow

Re: Erik Spoelstra

Post by greenyellow »

Going to be tough to pull him from the NBA but being he's from the NW, it may tempt him.
quackattack
Three Star Recruit

Post by quackattack »

i'd love this hire, but i don't see it happening
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

$2,000,000 in Eugene is worth $4M + in Miami... Strictly from a housing/cost of living standpoint.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

I would have more concerns with him than PJ.

In my mind he's sort of an unknown when it comes to coaching. He hasn't been coaching at Miami for very long and if it wasn't for Dwayne wade they would be a very very bad team.