Page 1 of 4

Drew Wiley

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:12 pm
by KeenanHowry15
Heard he's gonna transfer maybe two other ducks too...

Re: Drew Wiley

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:13 pm
by duckgrad99
Even before the next coach is named? Honestly, I don't think I would blame him. He couldn't get much playing time the last 2 seasons even when the team was bad.

Re: Drew Wiley

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:20 pm
by UOducksTK1
duckgrad99 wrote:Even before the next coach is named? Honestly, I don't think I would blame him. He couldn't get much playing time the last 2 seasons even when the team was bad.
I don't know why we didn't give Wiley more playing time. He's a little slow for college basketball and he isn't the best defender, but his shooting alone should have given him more minutes.

Whatever though. If we lose Wiley and a player or two else, It's worth the sacrifice of getting in a new head coach.

Re: Drew Wiley

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:27 pm
by ncduck
It would help us to get a little more balance with schollies. Another door opens. If it turns out to be true of course.

Re: Drew Wiley

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:33 pm
by duckfan22
The last time i saw Wiley in a game he checked in. and promptly canned
a 3 pointer which the rest of the team couldnt do and Ernie took him
right out. i couldnt believe it.

Re: Drew Wiley

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:47 pm
by UOducksTK1
duckfan22 wrote:The last time i saw Wiley in a game he checked in. and promptly canned
a 3 pointer which the rest of the team couldnt do and Ernie took him
right out. i couldnt believe it.
QFT.

Re: Drew Wiley

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:11 pm
by oregontrack
duckfan22 wrote:The last time i saw Wiley in a game he checked in. and promptly canned
a 3 pointer which the rest of the team couldnt do and Ernie took him
right out. i couldnt believe it.
Spot-on.

Re: Drew Wiley

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:42 pm
by uostudent
Wiley can shoot, but he's arguably the worst defensive player on the roster and that includes walk ons.

I could see him transferring to a school like Loyola Marymount, UP, Seattle U, etc.

Re: Drew Wiley

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:45 pm
by duckfan22
defense and Oregon basketball that's an oxymoron isn't it?

Re: Drew Wiley

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:12 pm
by soduck
I liked Drew Wiley and what a good story to cheer for a local boy, but most of time he would not even looked to take his shot and was always out of position on defense. Singler totally out played him as a freshman.

Re: Drew Wiley

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:35 pm
by greenyellow
soduck wrote:I liked Drew Wiley and what a good story to cheer for a local boy, but most of time he would not even looked to take his shot and was always out of position on defense. Singler totally out played him as a freshman.
Singler took Wiley's minutes since he was just better in just about every aspect of the game. I think that it also helped that Catron was out most of the year since Singler got a lot of minutes at PF that Catron would have occupied. As much as I hate to see him go out like the way he possibly did, I wish Catron wouldn't come back so that we could have some open scholarship space for the next couple of years. Unless we get Jones or Ross, I say that Oregon shouldn't take anyone this year so they can get 3 next year.

Re: Drew Wiley

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:42 pm
by quackattack
greenyellow wrote:
soduck wrote:Unless we get Jones or Ross, I say that Oregon shouldn't take anyone this year so they can get 3 next year.
agree completely. if those 2 commit elsewhere, let's not bring in guys just to fill the open spots. now if we have a few guys transfer, it'd be a different story, but evening out these classes should be a priority and saving 2 spots for next year (along with longmire as a sr) should be the plan if at all possible.

Re: Drew Wiley

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:15 pm
by Boom
KeenanHowry15 wrote:Heard he's gonna transfer maybe two other ducks too...
who are the other two?

Re: Drew Wiley

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:30 pm
by Boom
Boom wrote:
KeenanHowry15 wrote:Heard he's gonna transfer maybe two other ducks too...
who are the other two?
Going to guess either Dunigan and Humphreys

or

Sims and maybe Wilson?

Re: Drew Wiley

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:31 pm
by cordy02c
it's not any of the chicago guys they came out publicly and said they are staying. It's not wilson either