Anderson to announce decision tomorrow?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: Anderson to announce decision tomorrow?

Post by duckgrad99 »

pudgejeff wrote:hahahahahahahaha...anyone regretting there support of firing Kent yet?...I'm only laughing now cause when we suck next season and thereafter it won't be funny to me cause I love the Ducks and don't want us to lose so I've got to get it out now before i'm sad about us being sucky...I'm still holding oiut on a little bit of hope that we'll luck into a great coach and I can gladly eat some crow but it's more and more looking like we'll be making a lateral move at best that will cost us Jones and Wroten and possibly Jamil, or even a downgrade...seems like a terrible decision to me

Not at all. No matter how long the search takes, the next coach will be better than Kent.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

are you being serious right now?...you're not seeing this blow up in our face?...are you not believing that we're missing out on the terrance's and wroten because of this?...please tell me how it'll be an upgrade unless we luck into a big name coach which i hope we do
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I think we needed to take a chance. i could give a s*** about hindsight, because at the time it made sense to fire EK. And I haven't given up all hope on this search, even though it looks pretty bad right now.

Also, something messed up this thread for me, cuz it's like 3 miles wide. Makes reading it really annoying.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Because Kent had to go. The program had grown stale, and Oregon has had exactly one standout season since Greg Graham left and took his fastbreak offense with him after 2002. Oregon does not need a "big name" coach, they need a good coach. There are plenty out there.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Dunlap would've been great, but we've probly already lost him. He's pissed about the way Oregon has treated him.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Tray Dub wrote:Dunlap would've been great, but we've probly already lost him. He's pissed about the way Oregon has treated him.
You can't hire and promote the assistant to a guy you've just fired. I think Dunlap is a good guy and he knows his stuff, but he was never a serious candidate.
ImageImageImageImageImage
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

pudgejeff wrote:hahahahahahahaha...anyone regretting there support of firing Kent yet?...I'm only laughing now cause when we suck next season and thereafter it won't be funny to me cause I love the Ducks and don't want us to lose so I've got to get it out now before i'm sad about us being sucky...I'm still holding oiut on a little bit of hope that we'll luck into a great coach and I can gladly eat some crow but it's more and more looking like we'll be making a lateral move at best that will cost us Jones and Wroten and possibly Jamil, or even a downgrade...seems like a terrible decision to me
Oh you mean just like the past two years under Kent? We've been the WORST team in the conference for two years, the next coach can only do better. Even if we end up with a mid-major coach he will still be able to coach better in his freaking sleep than Kent ever could.

And we were never going to get Terrence Jone or Wrotten with Kent as the coach so thats a non issue. We've gotten plenty of high caliber players before & Kent didn't do crap with em.

BTW traydub, I fixed the thread.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Thanks DD.
oregontrack wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:Dunlap would've been great, but we've probly already lost him. He's pissed about the way Oregon has treated him.
You can't hire and promote the assistant to a guy you've just fired. I think Dunlap is a good guy and he knows his stuff, but he was never a serious candidate.
You're right they never really looked at him. But they should've. Kent barely let him do anything last year that he wanted to do. He's not exactly a Kent disciple. I understand that might have been how it was played in the media, but it wouldn't of been anywhere close to the truth.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duckgrad99 wrote:

Not at all. No matter how long the search takes, the next coach will be better than Kent.
Yeah me neither, Firing Kent was the right decision. I'm disappointed at how the search has played out, but I still am glad Kent is gone. We need a change.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

pudgejeff wrote:are you being serious right now?...you're not seeing this blow up in our face?...are you not believing that we're missing out on the terrance's and wroten because of this?...please tell me how it'll be an upgrade unless we luck into a big name coach which i hope we do
Your love of EK is absurd. Now you're giving him credit for recruiting and signing the Terrance's and Wroten. Even when EK was here we were in the top 5 - no guarantee EK would've signed him. We all gave him credit for recruiting, the coaching is what needed the work.