OreDucks01284
Senior

Re: Humphrey Transferring

Post by OreDucks01284 »

Rumor, Crittle might follow Humphrey.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

As long as we don't lose any more guys we will be fine. Wiley & Humphrey weren't proven commodities at all. Its not like we're losing proven production. Them taking off also helps even out our classes & gets rid of the 8 man sophmore class.

Also, this from Marty over on educk, "I know of one candidate who has been interviewed several times and believes he may get the job. He has a name that everyone will recognize."

As long as the hire happens soon we will be ok. If this stretches out another week or 2 then it will be time for panic mode.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:As long as we don't lose any more guys we will be fine. Wiley & Humphrey weren't proven commodities at all. Its not like we're losing proven production. Them taking off also helps even out our classes & gets rid of the 8 man sophmore class.

Also, this from Marty over on educk, "I know of one candidate who has been interviewed several times and believes he may get the job. He has a name that everyone will recognize."

As long as the hire happens soon we will be ok. If this stretches out another week or 2 then it will be time for panic mode.
I wonder who he would be talking about. If it is indeed a name we would recognize, is it one that we would be happy to have as a head coach?
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:As long as we don't lose any more guys we will be fine. Wiley & Humphrey weren't proven commodities at all. Its not like we're losing proven production. Them taking off also helps even out our classes & gets rid of the 8 man sophmore class.

I guess, but overall, we would be losing Porter, Wiley, Humphrey, Crittle and probably Catron. That would leave the ducks with what, 9 scholarship players? The depth wouldn't really be there for the next couple of seasons. Oh well though, I think we all know that this is a rebuilding process that will take a few years.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duckgrad99 wrote:

I guess, but overall, we would be losing Porter, Wiley, Humphrey, Crittle and probably Catron. That would leave the ducks with what, 9 scholarship players? The depth wouldn't really be there for the next couple of seasons. Oh well though, I think we all know that this is a rebuilding process that will take a few years.
I think they don't fill all of the scholarships this year and maybe only take 2 players this year and then 3 next year. Most teams only play about 7-9 players so filling the rest really wouldn't do much, but it would be nice to have a couple others in case of injury. I hope they don't get any JC players since they would more than likely keep the JR class out of balance with the rest of the classes.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

chump01284 wrote:Rumor, Crittle might follow Humphrey.
Crittle wouldn't be a big loss, but we can't afford lose too many players or we won't even have enough guys for a team next year.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

If Crittle and Catron are gone, that would leave 8 players not counting walk ons. Armstead, Jacob, Dunigan, Singler, Sim, Williams, Wilson and Longmire. It's possible we could compete with those guys, but we cannot lose more.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duckgrad99 wrote:If Crittle and Catron are gone, that would leave 8 players not counting walk ons. Armstead, Jacob, Dunigan, Singler, Sim, Williams, Wilson and Longmire. It's possible we could compete with those guys, but we cannot lose more.
With all of these players transferring, I would almost now prefer Catron return since it would provide them with some senior leadership and give the team some depth until more players are recruited to replace those that have left.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

greenyellow wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:If Crittle and Catron are gone, that would leave 8 players not counting walk ons. Armstead, Jacob, Dunigan, Singler, Sim, Williams, Wilson and Longmire. It's possible we could compete with those guys, but we cannot lose more.
With all of these players transferring, I would almost now prefer Catron return since it would provide them with some senior leadership and give the team some depth until more players are recruited to replace those that have left.
LOL, I feel the same way. For four years I couldn't wait until Catron graduated, but now I kind of hope he gets that medical redshirt just so we can hold practices and stuff.
ImageImageImageImageImage
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

oregontrack wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
LOL, I feel the same way. For four years I couldn't wait until Catron graduated, but now I kind of hope he gets that medical redshirt just so we can hold practices and stuff.
I really don't want them to have to resort to using Porter and the assistant coaches to be able to scrimmage.