Per RG: Kilkenny Getting realistic with Coaching Search

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Re: Per RG: Kilkenny Getting realistic with Coaching Search

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Gregory is a guy I was hoping they'd go after for awhile. Finally the search is going in the right direction.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

for those that don't know before he got the job at dayton he worked for izzo at michigan state so that is another positive for him
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Go to Mops' Twitter page and watch the video link about Gregory. It makes you really want him as a coach.

http://twitter.com/PREHMMR
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I'm still not sure how realstic these two coaches are. Would they really bail on their university right after getting good recruiting classes? I guess you could make a case that Oregon is a step up from Dayton, but Oregon isn't a better job than Marquette. At this point, I think someone from the NBA or a college assistant coach is more realistic.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duckgrad99 wrote:I'm still not sure how realstic these two coaches are. Would they really bail on their university right after getting good recruiting classes? I guess you could make a case that Oregon is a step up from Dayton, but Oregon isn't a better job than Marquette. At this point, I think someone from the NBA or a college assistant coach is more realistic.
I'm getting that feeling also. From what I've read and heard about both, they are committed to their schools, which makes it unlikely Kilkenny can pry them away. At this point, I say they may have to forgo the requirement of having head coaching experience at the college level and settle for just any coaching experience.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Character guys need raises, too.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!