Ducks getting a visit from a big recruit

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: Ducks getting a visit from a big recruit

Post by duckgrad99 »

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/04/25/terr ... ashington/

Looks like Ross to Washington. It would really suck if Jones follows him there. I cannot stand losing local talent to the Huskies.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duckgrad99 wrote:http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/04/25/terr ... ashington/

Looks like Ross to Washington. It would really suck if Jones follows him there. I cannot stand losing local talent to the Huskies.
While it would have nice to have had a coach earlier, I think hiring a new coach and keeping Payne could only help with Jones at this point, although I think he'll end up somewhere besides Oregon. I am willing to be amazed though if he does indeed choose Oregon.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Aargh!

Oh well, got that outa my system!

C'mon Jones!

This place would be great for you!
Last edited by woundedknees on Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

From what I've heard Ross is going to have a hard time getting into school anyways, but that could change.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ross, to me, was always going to be the harder of the two to get a commit from since he has always seemed to want to leave the state. Jones looks and talks as if he wants to stay close to Oregon, which doesn't rule out Washington since Seattle is not much further than Eugene from Portland.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

This now gives Washington 3 top commits for this class. Do they even have room for another commit?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duckgrad99 wrote:This now gives Washington 3 top commits for this class. Do they even have room for another commit?
Per Mops' Twitter, Chris Fetters is saying that Ross hasn't committed but may be close to committing.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

duckgrad99 wrote:http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/04/25/terr ... ashington/

Saw this coming a long time ago. I don't think Oregon has much of a chance with Jones. I'd say it's between Washington and Kansas. If it's just about basketball, he'll go to Kansas. If he wants to be close to home, he'll go to UW. Seattle is about 175 miles from Portland, while Eugene is 105-110. Not much of a difference.

If the Huskies get Jones, they are going to be really good. Wouldn't be surprised to see them make the elite 8 with Jones.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

quackattack
Three Star Recruit

Post by quackattack »

woundedknees wrote:And Josh Selby is still not commited?
he chose kansas, and was one of the guys in Jones' ear to take a visit there. imo Selby will be the best player of this class.
quackattack
Three Star Recruit

Post by quackattack »

duckgrad99 wrote:This now gives Washington 3 top commits for this class. Do they even have room for another commit?
yea they have another spot available
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

quackattack wrote:
yea they have another spot available
With Oregon's search in limbo last week, Romar's big contract extension was well timed, eh?

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Getting Polee and Loyd to Oregon is more important now that Jones and Ross are going to UW since without them, there are really no other prospects out there that are Pac-10 quality.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Nice parting shot by EK, don't you think?

A major part of the coaching job is actively recruiting new talent for the on-going betterment of the program. according to many reports, recruiting had been put on virtual hold since mid-late February... So much for the "You'll never find another guy who loves this place like I do" argument, eh?

Altman's guys were actively signing players for Creighton's next class as he made his exit.

Time to move on... Let's nail down Polee and Loyd, so some positive forward movement can be seen.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

woundedknees wrote:Nice parting shot by EK, don't you think?

A major part of the coaching job is actively recruiting new talent for the on-going betterment of the program. according to many reports, recruiting had been put on virtual hold since mid-late February... So much for the "You'll never find another guy who loves this place like I do" argument, eh?

Altman's guys were actively signing players for Creighton's next class as he made his exit.

Time to move on... Let's nail down Polee and Loyd, so some positive forward movement can be seen.
If Kent had cared about the program, he should have stepped down immediately so as not to impair the program from recruiting players and a new coach.