Page 1 of 3

Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:55 pm
by BillM
Things are starting to make sense now and Altman's job got even harder!

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/si ... oregon.csp

Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:45 pm
by buckmarkduck
I don't even know what to say to this? If we lose scholies over this, than all I have to say is thanks Kent for leaving our program so well off. :x I'm sure some Kent lovers will come on here and tell us how it's not his fault, but to me if this turns out to be true it's just as bad as what Pete let happen at SC, or what Butch Davis has going on right now at NC. Well except Pete and Butch are smart enough to win while cheating.

Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:54 pm
by BillM
Lose scholarships or recruits because we might be on probation. It sounds like multiple players might be involved and EK's "running a clean program" meme could be hit. I would HATE to be Dana Altman and his staff right now. HATE it.

Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:46 pm
by woundedknees
Guess we will see what hits the fan... Altman has definitely been proactive in the situation, so we shall see what's up, eh?

At least he isn't taking Kiffin's tack of, "Don't worry, nothings gonna happen!"

Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:08 pm
by duckgrad99
I thought it was strange that Dunigan decided to leave, especially since finishing school was important to his family. If these eligibility issues are legit, then that certainly explains why he left. I just hope things work out. The basketball program is a mess right now.

Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:22 pm
by greenyellow
duckgrad99 wrote:I thought it was strange that Dunigan decided to leave, especially since finishing school was important to his family. If these eligibility issues are legit, then that certainly explains why he left. I just hope things work out. The basketball program is a mess right now.
I think these eligibility questions are what ultimately pushed him out the door. Let's just hope that there aren't more serious problems that Kent had with the program. Some of these issues could have slipped in behind Kent's back and he didn't know about it, but it wouldn't shock me if he knew about them and just swept them under the rug.

Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:23 pm
by uostudent
I'm not ready to jump on Kent quite yet. Ernie was here for 13 years and suddenly players start getting paid? I think it's far more likely that it was an assistant. Not to point fingers, but Yasir Rosemond joined the staff fairly recently and Kenny Payne came to Oregon in 2004.

It does make sense now why a good student like Dunigan would leave school.

Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:47 pm
by Boom
uostudent wrote:I'm not ready to jump on Kent quite yet. Ernie was here for 13 years and suddenly players start getting paid? I think it's far more likely that it was an assistant. Not to point fingers, but Yasir Rosemond joined the staff fairly recently and Kenny Payne came to Oregon in 2004.

It does make sense now why a good student like Dunigan would leave school.
I think there's a pretty good chance that it happened after Kent's firing and before we hired Altman.

Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:07 am
by bellsduck
Boom wrote:
uostudent wrote:I'm not ready to jump on Kent quite yet. Ernie was here for 13 years and suddenly players start getting paid? I think it's far more likely that it was an assistant. Not to point fingers, but Yasir Rosemond joined the staff fairly recently and Kenny Payne came to Oregon in 2004.

It does make sense now why a good student like Dunigan would leave school.
I think there's a pretty good chance that it happened after Kent's firing and before we hired Altman.
Except that the report states, "There are nine players who could be described as “former” members of the past two teams, including three who used up their eligibility and six others who transferred to other schools, including four since the past season ended."

Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:12 am
by maxduck
uostudent wrote:I'm not ready to jump on Kent quite yet. Ernie was here for 13 years and suddenly players start getting paid? I think it's far more likely that it was an assistant. Not to point fingers, but Yasir Rosemond joined the staff fairly recently and Kenny Payne came to Oregon in 2004.

It does make sense now why a good student like Dunigan would leave school.
I immediately thought of World Wide Wes and his connection to Kenny Payne. Wasn't a connection between Dunnigan and WW Wes discussed when we were recruiting Big Mike? Did Wes have any connection to Jamil Wilson?

Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:22 am
by Cota
Boom wrote:
uostudent wrote:I'm not ready to jump on Kent quite yet. Ernie was here for 13 years and suddenly players start getting paid? I think it's far more likely that it was an assistant. Not to point fingers, but Yasir Rosemond joined the staff fairly recently and Kenny Payne came to Oregon in 2004.

It does make sense now why a good student like Dunigan would leave school.
I think there's a pretty good chance that it happened after Kent's firing and before we hired Altman.

Why am I not surprised to see you jump to Kent's defense?

Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:26 am
by uostudent
maxduck wrote:
uostudent wrote:I'm not ready to jump on Kent quite yet. Ernie was here for 13 years and suddenly players start getting paid? I think it's far more likely that it was an assistant. Not to point fingers, but Yasir Rosemond joined the staff fairly recently and Kenny Payne came to Oregon in 2004.

It does make sense now why a good student like Dunigan would leave school.
I immediately thought of World Wide Wes and his connection to Kenny Payne. Wasn't a connection between Dunnigan and WW Wes discussed when we were recruiting Big Mike? Did Wes have any connection to Jamil Wilson?
Jamil came to Oregon because of Rosemond. I believe Dunigan, Humphrey, and Crittle were all recruited by Payne. Dunigan and Humphrey were viewed as pretty high level recruits. Crittle was a good, but not great recruit.

Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:40 am
by gofightingducks
Wow, things continue to get worse for the BB program....... Altman has even more work to do now and it is looking more and more like the team will be the doormat of the conference for awhile. What a mess, I feel bad for Altman and the kids that stuck around and were not involved. Hopefully things can be resolved quickly and the punishment is not severe.

Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:03 am
by briarduck
What a mess...how could it get worse?

All I keep thinking about is how is this team going to go through this season with only NINE players?

Dana has a long road ahead of him and so do we! :(

GO DUCKS!!

Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:21 am
by maxduck
uostudent wrote:
maxduck wrote:
uostudent wrote:I'm not ready to jump on Kent quite yet. Ernie was here for 13 years and suddenly players start getting paid? I think it's far more likely that it was an assistant. Not to point fingers, but Yasir Rosemond joined the staff fairly recently and Kenny Payne came to Oregon in 2004.

It does make sense now why a good student like Dunigan would leave school.
I immediately thought of World Wide Wes and his connection to Kenny Payne. Wasn't a connection between Dunnigan and WW Wes discussed when we were recruiting Big Mike? Did Wes have any connection to Jamil Wilson?
Jamil came to Oregon because of Rosemond. I believe Dunigan, Humphrey, and Crittle were all recruited by Payne. Dunigan and Humphrey were viewed as pretty high level recruits. Crittle was a good, but not great recruit.
Kenny Payne and World Wide Wes have a long association, and Wes has been known to "influence" high school players in many ways. I won't be surprised if Kenny Payne is found to be involved in any extra benefits provided.