Page 1 of 1

Schedule is out

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:49 pm
by duckgrad99
http://www.goducks.com/SportSelect.dbml ... SPSID=4294


Duke, Missouri and Virginia are probably losses. Even if we are bad, we should be able to beat some of those other non conference teams. Interesting that with these cheating allegations, we open the new arena against USC.

Re: Schedule is out

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:56 pm
by UOducksTK1
12 wins, over or under?

Re: Schedule is out

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:59 pm
by greenyellow
UOducksTK1 wrote:12 wins, over or under?
I got 10 wins just to be be pleasantly surprised if they win more than that.

Re: Schedule is out

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:00 pm
by UOducksTK1
greenyellow wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:12 wins, over or under?
I got 10 wins just to be be pleasantly surprised if they win more than that.
I see 9 non conference wins. And then add 2-3 conference wins. I think 11-12 would be my guess.

Re: Schedule is out

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:08 pm
by duckgrad99
Before making any predictions, I will have to see which players are healthy and qualified to start the season for Oregon. Also, I know some of the other pac-10 teams lost a lot(although I said the same thing before last season). It will also be interesting to see how we play with a new coaching staff and if these recent developments become a distraction.

Re: Schedule is out

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:10 pm
by gofightingducks
Good thing outside of Duke, Missouri and Virginia the OOC schedule is really weak but Portland State should still beat the Ducks as they are pretty good. Also if the conference is as weak as it was last season Altman can coach this group to a few wins. As bad as things are I think Altman can probably win almost as many games as Kent did the season before last maybe even close to last season. For us fans we can continue to look forward to some bad seasons for a few more years than we expected depending on whether there are sanctions or not. It will be nice to have good CC, Track and Field, Baseball and football teams to help keep our minds off how terrible BB is going to be for awhile.

Re: Schedule is out

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:48 pm
by oregontrack
Hopefully Altman can avoid getting blown out by some of these mid-majors at home. Oh, Big Ern. Miss you lots.

Re: Schedule is out

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:52 pm
by bellsduck
oregontrack wrote:Hopefully Altman can avoid getting blown out by some of these mid-majors at home. Oh, Big Ern. Miss you lots.
Is this sarcasm?

Re: Schedule is out

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:54 pm
by bellsduck
greenyellow wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:12 wins, over or under?
I got 10 wins just to be be pleasantly surprised if they win more than that.
I have 8. Double digits would be extraordinary.

Re: Schedule is out

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:44 pm
by oregontrack
bellsduck wrote:
oregontrack wrote:Hopefully Altman can avoid getting blown out by some of these mid-majors at home. Oh, Big Ern. Miss you lots.
Is this sarcasm?

The missing Big Ern part was sarcastic. Sadly, getting beat by mid-majors at home is cold, hard reality.

Re: Schedule is out

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:17 pm
by Duck07
I'll be bold and say we go 9-3 in the preseason. 3-15 in conference play so 12-18 overall.

Re: Schedule is out

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:46 pm
by UOducksTK1
bellsduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:12 wins, over or under?
I got 10 wins just to be be pleasantly surprised if they win more than that.
I have 8. Double digits would be extraordinary.
Really? I guess I'm overestimating the amount of wins we have. Personally I think we'll win 12.

Re: Schedule is out

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:42 pm
by Boom
I would be surprised if we win a game in conference this year

Re: Schedule is out

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:00 am
by oregontrack
The Pac-10 is still going to be pretty weak this year. We'll steal some conference wins at home, but it all comes down to how long our remaining bigs can stay on the floor through injuries and fouls. If Catron is healthy, he and Jacob are good enough at the 4/5 to compete. EJ's good at the 4, we'll have to see what Nared brings. But we're not exactly a team that's built to stay afloat if a guy goes down with a broken foot or if Jacob picks up 2 quick fouls. We're going to need a miraculously injury-free season.

And we really, really need Teondre to become a legit scorer for us.