A rod juiced

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

snapt
Four Star Recruit

A rod juiced

Post by snapt »

Talk about a shocker, one of baseballs golden boys admits it. Thoughts?
BOOF it!
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: A rod juiced

Post by duckgrad99 »

At least he admitted it, unlike others including Bonds. Plus, they weren't illegal between 2001-2003 when he took them.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I'm not surprised. I would be very surprised if he stopped doing them in 2003 though.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

Not real surprising, but the unbelieveable thing to me is that his name was released after what was supposed to be an annonymous test given only to see how many players were using. This was negotiated between Major League Baseball and the Player's Union, and someone at MLB gave up the info. If I'm with the Player's Union I don't see how I can trust the owners on anything.

This could be a VERY bad thing when it comes time to negotiate a new labor agreement
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

As a Yankees fan this isn't a great piece of news. It was good of him to admit it and not really make a ton of excuses, although I'm sure he had a million media consultants working with him to make it sound just right.
snapt
Four Star Recruit

Post by snapt »

At least he admitted it, unlike others including Bonds.
Agree %100. It will be interesting to see how these players are judged down the road. The whole thing with bonds and everyone else has gotten so convoluted that it is kind of turning me off to MLB. I'm still coming to terms with my childhood hero being a cheat.
BOOF it!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I'm liking the nicknames though... Aroid, Ahole, and Afraud.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

My interest of baseball has really been on a steady decline....
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

dd10snoop28 wrote:My interest of baseball has really been on a steady decline....
I just can't get in to baseball. It goes on forever and makes the wait for football season that much worse. ESPN becomes pointless...

I am glad that the Ducks have a baseball team though. Maybe that will spark my interest in the sport.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

When I lived in NYC, I knew a lot of Yankee fans that hated him and didn't consider him a true Yankee. I wonder what the New Yorkers think of this.
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

Most Yankees fans don't like A-rod because he's had some tough post-seasons and the team hasn't won a championship while he's been there. This won't change until they not only win another World Series but he comes up big in the post-season and leads them to a title.

Yankees fans suck
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I just got done watching his press conference. Really seemed sorry for what he did in the past, was honest about it and told people to judge him from this day forward. He also mentioned that 2 of his best seasons were when he didn't take the steroids, most recently in 2007. Personally, I don't want to hear anything else on the steroid issue from the past.
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

There's no way those were real tears...
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

alabamaduck wrote:Most Yankees fans don't like A-rod because he's had some tough post-seasons and the team hasn't won a championship while he's been there. This won't change until they not only win another World Series but he comes up big in the post-season and leads them to a title.

Yankees fans suck
First of all, you suck

Second of all, as a Yankees fan, I dislike him. I've yelled at him so many times for not coming through in the clutch. But I still want him to perform
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

Fair enough...

Me saying Yankees fans suck has nothing to do with how they treat A-Rod, and everything to do with the fact that they constantly tell you about their 26 championships. In reality most true Yankees fans are very smart fans, it's all the fake Yankees fans that bother me. The ones that jumped on the bandwagon because they win...

Other than that they just suck because I'm jealous of all their titles!