Page 1 of 2

Floor at Knight Arena installed

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
by greenyellow
The new floor at Knight Arena has been installed and it is pretty special. It has a tree motif on it so that it looks like you are looking through a clearing in the forest. There are some graphics associated with Pat Kilkenny since the court is named for him.
Image

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... OEM_ID=500#

Re: Floor at Knight Arena installed

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:19 pm
by Boom
not sure how I feel about this...... it looks distracting.

Re: Floor at Knight Arena installed

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:29 pm
by gofightingducks
I think it is pretty cool, another thing that makes the UO unique!!

Re: Floor at Knight Arena installed

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:03 pm
by UOducksTK1
The Logo looks weird. That Matt writing under the "O" doesn't look so great.

Re: Floor at Knight Arena installed

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:18 pm
by dthomas=ddixon
That is the sickest court of all time... wow. Tinker Hatfield designed it & said he wanted to include a NW theme & honor the Tall Firs national title team. Its actually pretty awesome how he did that.

Re: Floor at Knight Arena installed

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:44 pm
by bellsduck
UOducksTK1 wrote:The Logo looks weird. That Matt writing under the "O" doesn't look so great.
I think that's the ugliest thing I've ever seen on a basketball court. :shock:

Re: Floor at Knight Arena installed

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:50 pm
by duckgrad99
I like it. I don't think we talk enough on here how great the new arena is going to be. Mac Court is so historic, but it's time for something new.

Re: Floor at Knight Arena installed

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:51 pm
by UOducksTK1
bellsduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:The Logo looks weird. That Matt writing under the "O" doesn't look so great.
I think that's the ugliest thing I've ever seen on a basketball court. :shock:
Yeah I don't get why they just don't put the Matt logo on the elbow right outside of the 3 point line just like other courts do. Having it by the "O" makes it look ugly.

Re: Floor at Knight Arena installed

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:28 pm
by justducky0
i think it looks like shat

Re: Floor at Knight Arena installed

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:47 pm
by dthomas=ddixon
Here's a better picture of it.

Image

Re: Floor at Knight Arena installed

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:04 am
by odux
What I wanna know is why did they name it after Pat Killkenny? He already had an entire baseball complex named after him. That wasn't enough?

Re: Floor at Knight Arena installed

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:08 am
by dthomas=ddixon
odux wrote:What I wanna know is why did they name it after Pat Killkenny? He already had an entire baseball complex named after him. That wasn't enough?
Just for fun. Oh & he donated a couple mill to the court.

Re: Floor at Knight Arena installed

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:18 am
by buckmarkduck
When I saw it yesterday I hated it, but the more I've looked at it I like it. As someone who loves the outdoors it seems like an accurate look of the forest just as the sun is coming up, hmm maybe a metaphor for the new duck era? The last couple years had been dark for UO basketball, but the UO basketball is rising again? I promise if UO wins, this floor will become iconic around Oregon.

Re: Floor at Knight Arena installed

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:21 pm
by greenyellow
I didn't like it at first but after seeing all the details, it has really grown on me. It's nice to see some history being incorporated into the new court.

Re: Floor at Knight Arena installed

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:24 pm
by woundedknees
I have a feeling it is far more impressive in person...