Page 1 of 2
Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:40 am
by jhopduck
It's WAYY early so this thing will change drastically over the next 2 months easily.
No Curtis White, Ethan Grant, or Owa even. So that tells you a little about the list right there. Seastrunk could be the nations top recruit and they have him at a 4*, like I said it will change. Enjoy for now. Boards are slow.
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p= ... 88&yr=2010
Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:46 am
by Hoagduck
Nope, Curtis White is definitely there. 4 star DE towards the bottom.
Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:51 am
by jhopduck
My bad missed that. Good call.
Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:55 am
by Mops
I am high on OO, hell I am wanting him the most on my wish list I believe thats not committed yet.
That said, Im taking a step back from being so excited about him. He is a great player. Has the tools to be very special and clearly there are lots of schools looking at him after he's been offered by Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, Florida, Notre Dame, and others.
That said, he's blown up against good level of talent in non contact drills. He didn't dominate these other top players with pads on or going game speed. Instead he dominated in a setting where the pads are off and its a different setting than an actual game setting. We didn't even know much about him until the Army Combine.
Still think he will be a top notch recruit but I am holding back on the idea he is a true 5* DE.
Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:59 am
by woundedknees
If you click on the position (QB,TE, RB, etc...), it will give you a list of the players available at that position... Ethan Grant is listed as a 1*, on page 3. Curtis White at the #12 DE positon, and Owa at the midpoint of the second page, as a 1*.
Must be the dreaded Oregon/Scout curse.
Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:18 am
by karlhungis
Gotta love those 1* RB's that can run a 4.3. He must have lost his arms in an off season accident or something.
Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:21 am
by gofightingducks
karlhungis wrote:Gotta love those 1* RB's that can run a 4.3. He must have lost his arms in an off season accident or something.
They haven't rated everybody yet, so guys like Grant who are rated 1* is just a default rating, he will probably end up being a high 3* at minimum but most likely a 4*
Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:47 am
by jhopduck
Owa is def. solid. But how good exactly we'll see this year. I know Alabama has sent coaches to P-town to pay him a visit, and he is very much in the national spotlight. I wish Oregon had these few talented kids we have locked up way early (ie white) but who knows. I still trust the staff to do the right thing for the team.
Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:02 pm
by Phenom
Mops wrote:I am high on OO, hell I am wanting him the most on my wish list I believe thats not committed yet.
That said, Im taking a step back from being so excited about him. He is a great player. Has the tools to be very special and clearly there are lots of schools looking at him after he's been offered by Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, Florida, Notre Dame, and others.
That said, he's blown up against good level of talent in non contact drills. He didn't dominate these other top players with pads on or going game speed. Instead he dominated in a setting where the pads are off and its a different setting than an actual game setting. We didn't even know much about him until the Army Combine.
Still think he will be a top notch recruit but I am holding back on the idea he is a true 5* DE.
Dude, he had 96 tackles and 18 sacks last year. I hope you're not trying to imply that we won't get him.
Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:46 pm
by Mops
I am not trying to say he isnt good. Hes a very good player. Is he a great player that is considered a top 50 player in the nation? That is unseen. Oregon as a state has terrible high school football talent, so a player that is going to get offers from a lot of schools will stand out. Lets see how he does against level of talent of the likes from Cali, Tex, Fl, Ohio, and the south.
Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:06 pm
by jimmyg
Owa was unstoppable at the Army All-American junior combine, he dominated the top OL at that event. With his frame, he has the potential to be a 260-270 dominating DE at the college level. Just the kind we never get, hopefully being close to home works for us for once.
Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:35 pm
by duckamania
I don't understand how they have Heaps rated so highly. I see him as a mid to low 4 star but to have him at the top of the board as a 5 star seems like classic Washington bias from guys like Fetters over at scout. The kid has a pretty accurate arm, but his size, arm strength, and decision making I question from the games and footage I've watched of him. Not to mention he had a pretty good group of recievers to work with in Gino Simone and Kason Williams and I heard he hasn't looked to impressive at some recent camps. To see Heaps rated that high, and then see skilled guys with Oregon ties like Ethan Grant and the defensive end from Portland rated as 1 stars, reminds me of the classic scout ranking system. (Cody Bruns anyone)
Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:45 pm
by Elduderino
yep that must be it. Those evil guys at scout.com must have it out for Oregon, so they do whatever they can to belittle our recruiting classes through the completely meaningless appropriation of "stars". How could u argue that when Cody Bruns got 4 whole stars!!

Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:15 pm
by Juice
duckamania wrote:I don't understand how they have Heaps rated so highly. I see him as a mid to low 4 star but to have him at the top of the board as a 5 star seems like classic Washington bias from guys like Fetters over at scout. The kid has a pretty accurate arm, but his size, arm strength, and decision making I question from the games and footage I've watched of him. Not to mention he had a pretty good group of recievers to work with in Gino Simone and Kason Williams and I heard he hasn't looked to impressive at some recent camps. To see Heaps rated that high, and then see skilled guys with Oregon ties like Ethan Grant and the defensive end from Portland rated as 1 stars, reminds me of the classic scout ranking system. (Cody Bruns anyone)
Cody Bruns is worthless. How he was a 4* still boggles my mind.
Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:19 pm
by dthomas=ddixon
How does white, 5'10, 140, & 4.8 equal anything BUT a 5*?!
Sincerely, Fetters