Duck07 Thread

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: Duck07 Thread

Post by dd10snoop28 »

If you like those, you might cry and/or laugh while watching these. Some great compilations:

Links to other parts if you are interested: https://www.youtube.com/@Grabien/videos
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I'm just wondering when the late-night guys became shills for Pfizer and the government. I don't remember Carson and Letterman being this way, but maybe they were?
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Duck07 wrote:Matt Orfalea is great.
This led me to seeing the recent Twitter spat between Hotez and Rogan regarding RFKJr’s appearance on the JRE. I listened to the episode and, while I like RFKJr and a lot of what he said, he loses me a bit on the childhood vaccine stuff.

He presented a lot of compelling data/science but it tends to be all correlation and anecdotes. Things like, “Signs of autism show up around the two year mark, which is when kids get a big battery of vaccines.” Then mentions a slew of anecdotes. He also talked about how ethylmercury was mistakenly believed to be excreted from the body when it actually crosses the blood-brain barrier. Compelling but not totally convincing.

I went and watched a clip of Hotez’s previous appearance on the JRE where he refutes the claims that vaccines cause autism, and found it more convincing. Instead of throwing out a bunch of correlating data and anecdotes he talked in specifics. Going into the actual biological mechanisms at work and explaining why a vaccine couldn’t cause autism.

Of course the above clips make him seems utterly incredible, and indicate he’s corrupted and captured by big-pharma, but, unless he was completely lying on the JRE, I still found his arguments more convincing.

Curious if any of you have thoughts on the issue. I have young kids, and plan to have more, so I’m interested in the truth and am not tied to either of the anti-vax or pro-vax camps.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Curious if any of you have thoughts on the issue. I have young kids, and plan to have more, so I’m interested in the truth and am not tied to either of the anti-vax or pro-vax camps.
Well as it relates to Hotez, that initial clip is what's so upsetting because I'd love to have Trump Admin Peter Hotez debate Biden Admin Peter Hotez since he radically changed his tune about the problems with Emergency Use Authorization vaccines and how they historically lead to even worse problems with respiratory viruses, how they stopped for decades as a result of those findings...Almost as if the need for all those extra shots was in fact the very thing he originally said would happen because of past research and how those EUA's failed. Weird.

For me the single biggest issue is that by refusing to be held accountable, there is no way we can ever fix trust in public health. I don't think that means that you criminalize the actions that some did, but if the head of State and Fed Dept's can only hem and haw when it comes to Yes/No answers about their policies, it means we the people have no more representation and this itself is a major problem towards fixing public trust.

The more I listen to RFK Jr the more I come away impressed that he takes a pragmatic and practical approach to the majority of issues even on those where I disagree. He only got into the vaccines as a result of his environmentalism work and being persuaded by people who were injured from toxic substances to look into it, so he's coming at this from a place of trying to do the least harm to individuals and for me, its this stunning lack of concern over the sheer rise in things like autism rates and trying to at least understand why its gone from being so rare to everybody having some form of it now.

It also do seem like this work and push-back from others has also led to improvements such as with some of the removal of mercury and aluminum from some previous products (with no rationale given of course for why they felt they should remove those substances). We've seen how other doctor's/scientists have become more informed about how the greater community at large has its own conflicts of interests.

That there is seemingly ZERO interest from the "public health advocates" about what is causing Autism at such alarmingly high levels, how this will have long-term effects on society and how we can mitigate/reduce those rates is taboo to discuss from the one group you would hope would show a genuine interest in finding the truth about these issues. The only response they do in fact give, is to call people crazy, conspiracy theorists etc and try to shut down any discussion.

I was reading 2 weeks ago about the studies showing how terrible Aspartame is for our bodies, but it isn't like our Public Health advocates are out here calling for changes, that would hurt a few companies who need to sell us that Aspartame!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Here's the longer clip of Hotez in May 2020 acknowledging the problems that will occur from giving EUA status to those vaccines and that while they had come up with a type of solution to previous problems with respiratory virus vaccines, that it would still take a lot of time and need to be rolled out slowly and that essentially he thought the Pharma Co's are full of crap if they think it could happen in a short amount of time.

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

There’s a pretty clear delineation between the COVID vaccines and the regular childhood vaccines, at least in my mind. The loss of trust in public health has blurred that line quite a bit though.

I totally agree with you... Rogan mentioned a couple times how people don’t want to believe this stuff is true, and I you almost can’t blame them. The idea that all our institutions are now either corrupted by “big-fill in the blank” or captured by post-modern and Marxist ideologues is terrifying. The institutions designed to represent and protect the people are instead are now being leveraged to exploit and oppress us. And the average person is totally inept when it comes to opposing these behemoths.

It’s been so bizarre to see people reading 1984 again only to come away thinking it applies to Trump, when it’s much more applicable to what’s currently happening in our government, all the letter agencies, and our institutions. People that Trump was at least trying to oppose, and why they hate him so much.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:There’s a pretty clear delineation between the COVID vaccines and the regular childhood vaccines, at least in my mind. The loss of trust in public health has blurred that line quite a bit though.
This is where I am at as well. I had no suspicions at all about vaccines until I watched this episode with Covid develop, and all the crazy lying by the medical establishment in concert with the media and the government. Then it made me wonder what else they've been lying about. We got all our kids vaccinated (not HPV or the Hepatitus ones), but have been slow to do so on the last one, who so far has only had a tetanus shot. I don't know anything about the Autism debate, other than that nobody is explaining why it is occurring so often now. I am always open to information, but non-sequiturs like appeals to authority are a non-starter for me, especially when we have seen that one side of the debate is so often shut down.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Matt Orfalea is great.
Curious if any of you have thoughts on the issue. I have young kids, and plan to have more, so I’m interested in the truth and am not tied to either of the anti-vax or pro-vax camps.
This is the ultimate question and you won't find the answer in consensus medicine. I have a close relative who is a doctor and was always a skeptic of the potential harms of over-vaccinating youth. He did research over time and changed his view and now concludes that there is ample evidence to demonstrate a link between certain vacations and autism (among other negative effects). Additionally, his views on the problems of over-medicating in the industry have also changed substantially over the years. This is someone who had (and still does have) very high regard for the medical consensus (sometimes to my frustration). While that is only an anecdote, I think it demonstrates that even a doctor with 15+ years of medical background can come to a different conclusion from the medical consensus based on additional information.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

To both of your points, that’s what’s so frustrating: there’s objectively something going on that deserves investigation and no one in public health will even acknowledge it, let alone try to investigate.

The extreme polarization during the Trump/COVID has also made it harder to find voices that are actually operating in good faith. A lot of the public intellectuals I used to follow went a bit off both sides of the rails during that time, and I find myself pretty disenchanted with a lot of the people and forums I used to trust.

I’m encouraged to see someone like RFKJr entering the public sphere more though. He at least seems to be operating in good faith, which is becoming a rarer and rarer commodity, and is clearly very intelligent and balanced in his approach to issues.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

The only way to change the behavior of big pharma, is 1 take away the exemption they get from lawsuits over vaccines. And 2 not allow politicians to get donations from any corporations. Then they won’t be in anyone’s pocket.

I also found it infesting that the vaccines are held to such a standard in trials, that they add thimerosal to get through them. The FDA or whoever needs to figure out a way to get vaccines approved without making it so difficult that these companies have to add crap to the vaccine, that’s not helping anyone , other than just to get it through the approval process
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

buckmarkduck wrote:The only way to change the behavior of big pharma, is 1 take away the exemption they get from lawsuits over vaccines. And 2 not allow politicians to get donations from any corporations. Then they won’t be in anyone’s pocket.

I also found it infesting that the vaccines are held to such a standard in trials, that they add thimerosal to get through them. The FDA or whoever needs to figure out a way to get vaccines approved without making it so difficult that these companies have to add crap to the vaccine, that’s not helping anyone , other than just to get it through the approval process
Thiomersal is a medical preservative that's been in use since the 1930s.

https://www.chop.edu/centers-programs/v ... thimerosal
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

buckmarkduck wrote:The only way to change the behavior of big pharma, is 1 take away the exemption they get from lawsuits over vaccines. And 2 not allow politicians to get donations from any corporations. Then they won’t be in anyone’s pocket.

You may thank the conservative judges in Citizens United v. FEC (2010) who overwrote precedence in their judicial activism. I wonder how much Harlan Crow paid Clarence Thomas for that outcome?
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

5$ wrote:
You may thank the conservative judges in Citizens United v. FEC (2010) who overwrote precedence in their judicial activism. I wonder how much Harlan Crow paid Clarence Thomas for that outcome?
I'm guessing you don't have an issue with unions, including public ones, regularly buying elections though, right?

Political donations are basically impossible to remove from the system, because money is channeled into the political sphere via so many avenues, many of which are never reported to the FEC (like the media's perpetual in-kind donations to the left, for instance). It sucks that money nearly always decides our elections, but shutting down the few avenues that citizens have to compete is hardly the answer.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

I don't know much about the details about FEC v. Citizenss United, but it sounds like it would have delegated more powers to a federal agency in regards to elections, so to curtail the ability of a federal agency to have an impact on a election is fine by me. Recent history has demonstrated the dangers of allocating too much power to the administrative state as far as it pertains to free speech and elections (see twitter files and evidence of collusion between Big Tech and a litany of federal agencies to suppress speech that disfavored their political allies during the election).

The less rule-making powers, the better.
TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Post by TheDrake »

Why isn't this thread in the politics section?