Page 1 of 2
Bryce Brown - Has the Fasting Begun?
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:10 pm
by GoDuckYourself
I would think he would enter his fasting period here very soon, thus I doubt we hear any new info on him unless he decides to take a last minute unofficial to Miami. Let the praying begin!
Re: Bryce Brown - Has the Fasting Begun?
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:12 pm
by ncduck
Maybe it's the instant gratification I'm looking for, but I just want to know where he's going. And then say yeah! or bummer! and then move on.
Re: Bryce Brown - Has the Fasting Begun?
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:58 pm
by Destroyer77
ncduck wrote:Maybe it's the instant gratification I'm looking for, but I just want to know where he's going. And then say yeah! or bummer! and then move on.
Join the club.

Re: Bryce Brown - Has the Fasting Begun?
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:20 pm
by wheaton4prez
I have a feeling that it might not be settled, even on the 16th. Just due to the NCAA investigation of Butler and the whole Miami isn't interested but Brown might select them anyway situation.
Re: Bryce Brown - Has the Fasting Begun?
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:52 pm
by pudgejeff
I just want spring practice to start so recruiting isn't the only straw to hold on to.
Re: Bryce Brown - Has the Fasting Begun?
Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:31 pm
by UOducksTK1
pudgejeff wrote:I just want spring practice to start so recruiting isn't the only straw to hold on to.
Indeed.
Gaines, Brown, and the early 2010 recruiting kinda has my brain fried. We actually need to see some football. Spring football is just around the corner so I think I can wait.
Re: Bryce Brown - Has the Fasting Begun?
Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:58 pm
by alabamaduck
The bigger question is if he's involved with Butler as well...
Re: Bryce Brown - Has the Fasting Begun?
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:47 am
by uodux1212
Only 64 days until the spring game! Yeah!
Re: Bryce Brown - Has the Fasting Begun?
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:36 am
by NCDucks09
Everyone just needs to chill. Oregon wins either way.
1. The Ducks are receiving National Publicity by being in the hunt for the #1 Prospect.
2. If Brown chooses the Ducks, we get a great RB at a position of need.
All of you that say you are sick and tired of the whole process, fine, then check out and quit whining, I'm sick of the complaining I'm seeing on the boards, on the radio, on the tv. The only reason people are bashing Brown and Butler is because they're own self-interests and expectations hasn't been gratified and they're too impatient to wait and find out. Quit taking your anxiety out on us and just kick back and watch it unfold.
I know this from experience, I felt the same way last year about Pryor, but this year, I'm just enjoying the ride.
Re: Bryce Brown - Has the Fasting Begun?
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:24 pm
by dthomas=ddixon
NCDucks09 wrote:Everyone just needs to chill. Oregon wins either way.
1. The Ducks are receiving National Publicity by being in the hunt for the #1 Prospect.
2. If Brown chooses the Ducks, we get a great RB at a position of need.
All of you that say you are sick and tired of the whole process, fine, then check out and quit whining, I'm sick of the complaining I'm seeing on the boards, on the radio, on the tv. The only reason people are bashing Brown and Butler is because they're own self-interests and expectations hasn't been gratified and they're too impatient to wait and find out. Quit taking your anxiety out on us and just kick back and watch it unfold.
I know this from experience, I felt the same way last year about Pryor, but this year, I'm just enjoying the ride.
I gotta agree with you there. Since his last interview I've relaxed & stopped worrying. If he chooses us, great. If he chooses someone else, then we still have the same exact team we have now & a stable of RBs that are completely capapable of carrying the rock.
There's no reason for people to be mad at him either. All he's done is get the word out about our great offense & how great of a guy & coach Chip is. He's done just as much as any publicity ploy this Atheltic Department could have come up with. You think other RBs aren't paying attention to what he's said? Just look at the RB prospects we have interested in us for the '10 class. He's done nothing but help us & I think he needs to get credit for that whether he chooses us or not.
Re: Bryce Brown - Has the Fasting Begun?
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:54 pm
by duckscribe
I hope the NCAA investigates Butler thoroughly and creates rules to stop this game playing that we've seen now for two years with Pryor and Brown. If other players can commit on time why can't they? It's up to NCAA to make the deadlines stick.
Re: Bryce Brown - Has the Fasting Begun?
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:34 pm
by jhopduck
Back to your topic. He and his family are fasting right now, thus their media coverage is limited to little to none. Should be done sometime next week.
Butler at this point has done nothing wrong with this recruit on the surface. If the NCAA wants to change it then they may but he has violated nothing that I'm aware of.
Also Bryce doesn't have to commit anywhere until Apr. 1st. So at this point he too has done nothing wrong technically.
Is it a circus? YES
Are we all ready to have it over? YES
Has he done anything wrong per NCAA rules? NO
Re: Bryce Brown - Has the Fasting Begun?
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:35 pm
by duck55
duckscribe wrote:I hope the NCAA investigates Butler thoroughly and creates rules to stop this game playing that we've seen now for two years with Pryor and Brown. If other players can commit on time why can't they? It's up to NCAA to make the deadlines stick.
What deadline? Doesn't he have until April 1st to sign somewhere? seems the only "game" being played is a kid who has multiple opportunities for furthering his education and is wanting to make the proper choice for him. I don't understand those who check the sites daily looking to see if he has committed yet then become angry @ him even though he has continually given a target date. some team will land this great talent in his timing & I really hope it is the Ducks.
Re: Bryce Brown - Has the Fasting Begun?
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:13 pm
by wheaton4prez
I'm reading rumors that Oregon pulled the offer to Brown. Is that BS or what?
Re: Bryce Brown - Has the Fasting Begun?
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:38 pm
by jhopduck
Those rumors started from somewhere in Louisiana........ pay little to no attention to them.