Dorsainvil

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Dorsainvil

Post by greenyellow »

In the Register Guard article they did about Josh Crittle and today's game, Kent mentioned that Frantz Dorsainvil may not make it back before the end of the season. I was wondering if he could possibly get a medical redshirt and possibly come back next year?
dthomas=ddixon

Re: Dorsainvil

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

greenyellow wrote:In the Register Guard article they did about Josh Crittle and today's game, Kent mentioned that Frantz Dorsainvil may not make it back before the end of the season. I was wondering if he could possibly get a medical redshirt and possibly come back next year?
Does it matter? No way he plays over Dunigan & Crittle next year, I don't even think he'd be playing over them THIS year. Would be good for depth I guess but would be one less scholly to offer.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
greenyellow wrote:In the Register Guard article they did about Josh Crittle and today's game, Kent mentioned that Frantz Dorsainvil may not make it back before the end of the season. I was wondering if he could possibly get a medical redshirt and possibly come back next year?
Does it matter? No way he plays over Dunigan & Crittle next year, I don't even think he'd be playing over them THIS year. Would be good for depth I guess but would be one less scholly to offer.
I was thinking about it in terms of depth since he would add another big body that could spell Dunigan and Crittle. I was also thinking about it in terms of recruiting since it would only allow Oregon to take 2 players this year, which would mean Oregon can't sign anyone else. Ernie would then be able to sign 3 players next season if he gets a medical redshirt and returns (Porter, Catron, and Dorsainvil.) I would find it hard to believe that Ernie could recruit good players for next year's class if we continue on the pace we are on for this season.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

How many games did he play in this year?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

fpsduck wrote:How many games did he play in this year?
I think that he got hurt shortly before or after the Maui Invitational, so maybe 7-8 games. I don't know what percentage of games you can play in before getting hurt for the season so that you can receive a medical redshirt. I thought if he played in less than 1/4 of the games he would qualify for a medical redshirt. If he's played in only 7 and we have a 30 game schedule, I think he could qualify. If any more, I don't think he could get one. The other hitch could be that I think he has already used his redshirt and it wasn't for an injury; it was when he had to sit out due to some paperwork errors.