Howard to LA

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Howard to LA

Post by buckmarkduck »

For a way overrated Bynum and a late first round pick! How is this even possible, the Magic just got fleeced.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Re: Howard to LA

Post by oregontrack »

did bynum agree to an extension? if he didn't, the magic REALLY got fleeced.
ImageImageImageImageImage
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

my mistake, bynum's not even going to orlando.

the magic get aaron afflalo, al harrington, and filler? wow. that's horrible for them, unless they defy the odds and strike gold with some (likely) mediocre draft picks in the future. wow.

stupid lakers.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

oregontrack wrote:did bynum agree to an extension? if he didn't, the magic REALLY got fleeced.
Finally read the story on ESPN, and the reports on TV are wrong. The Magic got a box of rocks and 3 guys who used to be good, they didn't even get Bynum, he goes to Philly.

A source with direct knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com's Marc Stein the Lakers will receive Howard, the Denver Nuggets will acquire Andre Iguodala, the 76ers will receive Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson, and the Magic will get Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic and one protected future first-round pick from each of the other three teams.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/82520 ... l-complete
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Wow...

Thank god i am not a Magic fan.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

orlando's realgm board is in total meltdown mode. hilarious.

didn't new jersey offer brook lopez, mr. kim kardashian, and a bunch of picks? wasn't houston offering the moon? and orlando turns them all down and says, "nah, we're holding out for moe harkless. he reminds us of a poor man's trevor ariza."

crazy. those picks are freaking terrible, too. what do they think they're going to get with the laker's future #29th overall? philly and denver will be picking in the low 20s. nice rebuild, magic. lol.

is it just me or do all laker blockbuster trades seem like they're written up by laker fans on internet message boards? they all seem like they should get laughed off the phone, but here they are again. they trade a pile of trash they picked up on the side of the freeway for pau gasol, and they convince orlando that aaron freaking afflalo is worth dwight howard.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Orlando's situation makes Portland look great by comparison. On another forum I go to, several Magic fans are seriously about to renounce their fanship and go elsewhere.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

Stoked about this. Hard to believe that Orlando couldn't have gotten more in return. Denver also improved a lot. Barring injuries, we should see a Lakers/Heat NBA finals.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

As a magic fan I'm so excited to see reasonably priced tickets in the future. Oh wait we have a new arena for no one to play in.. :'(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

To keep this trade in perspective, Howard did not sign an extension. He will be a free agent next year, though the Lakers have to like their chances of getting him to stay in LA.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

I'll stop beating this dead horse soon, I promise, but... You trade Dwight Howard and can't even haul in a single lottery pick? Three all stars trade teams, and the franchise that sends out the best one doesn't bring one back? Strictly from a prospect standpoint, I don't see how they turn down Houston's draft day deal and go with this one. Weren't the Rockets offering Lamb, Jones, a couple other decent parts?

I'm operating under the assumption that Stern just promised Orlando next year's #1 so long as they dealt him to LA.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I read the Brooklyn deal including four non lottery protected and this lakers deal are all lottery protected, looks like magic are screwing this up.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

What are the Madic doing in this deal? They get nothing of substance in this deal. Just a bunch of highly questionable draft picks. No youth? No proven players? NOTHING
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

This is beyond lopsided. Orlando bent over backwards here. Should be veto'd in a second IMO. And Magic GM should be banned from the NBA.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

And the league continues to go down the drain. I wish Portland was a big market.