Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Re: Ducks recruiting JC PF Amardi

Post by Boom »

buckmarkduck wrote:
oregontrack wrote:meh

? Never hurts to have depth, especially up front. You can never have enough skilled big men.
So why did Altman pass on Landen Lucas?
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
oregontrack wrote:meh
Really? We need some post depth, and he was pretty highly recruited. I'm getting a little tired of one and dones, but we can use him.
Agreed. As a fan I'm a bit tired of all the one year guys, I love seeing them develop over the 3-4 years they're here & developing an attachment to them. Something that obviously doesn't happen when a guys only here for a year. But at this point you might as well use the scholarship on something for this year. It's just going to be a bummer to have your entire front court graduate yet again. Hopefully Carter & Bell can get themselves into the rotation so there isn't a huge drop off after this next season.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

2014 really needs to produce a class that can last for more than 2 years. Altman is going after a lot of frontcourt/post players so we'll hopefully see some players that can contribute long-term to the program.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

this is a one year rental who's ceiling probably isn't even tyrone nared.

m-e-h.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duckgrad99 wrote:Teams like Arizona St, Gonzaga, and Kansas St were all interested. I will gladly take another big man.
That's the way I see it too. Rebounding and athleticism are his strengths, sounds like just what the doctor ordered. It would be nice if he could play some center too, but not sure if that will happen.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

oregontrack wrote:this is a one year rental who's ceiling probably isn't even tyrone nared.

m-e-h.
That is my thoughts also, but then those were my thoughts also when I first read about the recruitment of Kazemi. Hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised.