Oregon @ Oregon State Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: Oregon @ Oregon State Thread

Post by duckgrad99 »

I would like to hear a good reason from Ernie as to why Dunigan only played 17 minutes tonight. This is one major reason why players under Kent don't develop.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

the old "youth" excuse came out again. That excuse lasts for so long and that ended 2 months ago :roll:
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

cordy02c wrote:the old "youth" excuse came out again. That excuse lasts for so long and that ended 2 months ago :roll:
NO KIDDING. I just saw this on educk: Butler starts 3 freshmen, a soph, and a Jr and they're 19-1 with a win AT #10 Xavier. kenpom.com has their experience rated at #340(out of 344 teams).

^^^^See that Ernie?! Enough of your BS!
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

good point dt and butler's 1 loss was on the road to ohio state when they were ranked by 3. So even in their loss they were very competitive against much better team then the people we've lost to.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

How about Florida? 1 senior and 2 juniors. The rest are all sophomores or freshman yet they are like 17-4. We have several players on our roster that aren't freshman. All of a sudden Brown and Catron get more minutes than Dunigan and Sim?
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

I am a huge Duck fan, but if I were a top flight recruit, I am not sure I would even be able to commit to an Ernie Kent coached team.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Turnovers lost us this game...Turnovers that were made by young inexperienced players...And the beavers aren't good?...right they just swept the bay area schools in the bay area but they're not any good...Do you think that maybe the pac-10 is good this year...You know we did pretty well put it on Alabama and they're not exactly having a bad season...ya they're coach got fired but it was more about Steele leaving than there on court performance...This team is getting better and better...And maybe if you'd think about how we shut down there big guy who's been dominating you'd maybe realize the reason for Dunnigan not getting as much PT tonight.
fanoftherain
One Star Recruit

Post by fanoftherain »

Was that the worst coaching job we have ever seen or what? When you see a team so unorganized and not knowing what to do with there final 6-7 posessions of the game, then that is not a youth problem. That's a coaching problem. Those boys had no idea what to do out there in the final 3 min and the look on Ernie's face showed me he didn't know either.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

pudgejeff wrote:Turnovers lost us this game...Turnovers that were made by young inexperienced players...And the beavers aren't good?...right they just swept the bay area schools in the bay area but they're not any good...Do you think that maybe the pac-10 is good this year...You know we did pretty well put it on Alabama and they're not exactly having a bad season...ya they're coach got fired but it was more about Steele leaving than there on court performance...This team is getting better and better...And maybe if you'd think about how we shut down there big guy who's been dominating you'd maybe realize the reason for Dunnigan not getting as much PT tonight.

Actually, the pac-10 is down this year, which makes Oregon look even worse. And no, Oregon State isn't good and no, Oregon isn't improving. I don't see how you can defend a team that is 0-9 in the pac-10.
Robstu
One Star Recruit

Post by Robstu »

duckgrad99 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:Turnovers lost us this game...Turnovers that were made by young inexperienced players...And the beavers aren't good?...right they just swept the bay area schools in the bay area but they're not any good...Do you think that maybe the pac-10 is good this year...You know we did pretty well put it on Alabama and they're not exactly having a bad season...ya they're coach got fired but it was more about Steele leaving than there on court performance...This team is getting better and better...And maybe if you'd think about how we shut down there big guy who's been dominating you'd maybe realize the reason for Dunnigan not getting as much PT tonight.

Actually, the pac-10 is down this year, which makes Oregon look even worse. And no, Oregon State isn't good and no, Oregon isn't improving. I don't see how you can defend a team that is 0-9 in the pac-10.
I feel there is no way to defend this team at all! That final possession when they needed a quick score was RIDICULOUS they dribbled almost the whole shot clock looking stupid and confused and got a horrible look at a three. They used up almost the entire shot clock. EK needs to go!
endene
One Star Recruit

Post by endene »

Dunigan went down hard but I think that was in the second half. That may have cut into his minutes.
I seriously thought we were playing with four players on offense. I don't think playing volleyball while the post players stand there at the bottom of the key is a great way of breaking a one-three-one defense.
I don't like how Kent put all the blame on the players during the post game show saying how they missed lay-ups, traveled and turned the ball over and I can only do so much." For having extra time to prepare he should have had the players better prepared. The least he could have done is yelled MOVE once or twice...maybe he did and I didn't hear him.
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

Duckgrad you're so wrong it's ridiculous...please explain to me how the pac-10 is down this year and how Oregon St. isn't good and how we're not improving...please just a little explanation behind all your negativity...Just because they're 0-9 doesn't mean they're not improving...You'd have to be beyond dense to think they're not...Or just so blinded by your dislike of Kent to see anything but bad and putting full blame on him like it's his fault they miss layups or throw passes out of bounds.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

pudgejeff wrote:Duckgrad you're so wrong it's ridiculous...please explain to me how the pac-10 is down this year and how Oregon St. isn't good and how we're not improving...please just a little explanation behind all your negativity...Just because they're 0-9 doesn't mean they're not improving...You'd have to be beyond dense to think they're not...Or just so blinded by your dislike of Kent to see anything but bad and putting full blame on him like it's his fault they miss layups or throw passes out of bounds.
Evidence the Pac-10 is down this year: 2.5 teams in the top 25 (Washington is ranked in the AP, not in the coaches), no teams in the top 12. We're a major conference, we should have at least one legitimate threat for the national championship. And we really don't. UCLA really isn't great, ASU isn't Duke-Wake Forest-UConn type material. The Pac-10 absolutely is down this year after losing OJ Mayo, Kevin Love, The Lopez twins, Maarty-Malik-Bryce, etc. And the NCAA tournament will prove that.
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

The top 25 poll means nothing...It's called an east coast biased and no matter how good teams are out here we don't get any respect in the polls...And I disagree with you very much...The pac-10 is a very guard oriented conference this year and that's what gets you through the NCAA tournament...I feel like you guys don't watch any basketball you just watch ESPN and think what they tell you to think
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

It goes way beyond how good the Pac10 is this year, how elite 8s the team has gone to while he has been coach. I really don't care. Watch a game & tell me his is a good coach. If you have any understanding about basketball you can see the terrible incompitence that exists at our head coaching position.

He comes into games with terrible game plans & when those game plans fail he makes no adjustments, just blames it on the players.

We have no offensive gameplan to speak of, the majority of plays are spent passing around the wing till someone gets open for 3.

His substitution patterns are questionable at best.

End of games are literally painful to watch. I was losing it at the end of the CW watching our players dribble the ball around the top of the key with no clue of what to do.

Every Kent supporter's only arguement is the Elite 8s & his recruiting. They have no answer when they have to defend Kent's ACTUAL COACHING.