Three Star Recruit

Re: Oregon @ Oregon State Thread

Post by AJ_U »

Lets get a win.... Please
Duckxing
Two Star Recruit

Post by Duckxing »

OS's zone defense is going to cause all sorts of problems for Oregon. Oregon is going to have to hope that OS isn't hitting from outside, and TP is hitting from outside to keep it close. Otherwise I see OS running away with this game. In the end I think OS wins by 10-15. :(
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

I just have no faith in this team winning any more games.

Prove me wrong, guys ... please
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Lose to Oregon State, and Kent should walk back to Eugene.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

If we lose to the beevurs Kent should not be welcomed back to coach this team. Just look at the difference in coaching with these two teams. Robinson has taken a terrible team with no talent & made them competitive. Kent has taken a very talented team, with plenty of experience, IMO, and made them the one of the worst teams in the BCS conferences.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

duckgrad99 wrote:Lose to Oregon State, and Kent should walk back to Eugene.
they all should... :(
fanoftherain
One Star Recruit

Post by fanoftherain »

Kind of a odd ball thought...but is there any part of any of you that hopes we lose this game? If we do fall today, I believe this is the end of Kent at Oregon.
Duckxing
Two Star Recruit

Post by Duckxing »

fanoftherain wrote:Kind of a odd ball thought...but is there any part of any of you that hopes we lose this game? If we do fall today, I believe this is the end of Kent at Oregon.
I don't hope for any Oregon lose. I just know that they can't win this game. This team isn't put together well at all, with no outside shooters, the big guy has not chance down low. Oregon has gone away from skillfull players who could shoot to all athletes who can't hit the broad side of a barn.
ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducksin2010 »

I would NEVER wish for a loss!!! Especially to the BEAVERS!!!
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:If we lose to the beevurs Kent should not be welcomed back to coach this team. Just look at the difference in coaching with these two teams. Robinson has taken a terrible team with no talent & made them competitive. Kent has taken a very talented team, with plenty of experience, IMO, and made them the one of the worst teams in the BCS conferences.
I agree completely with most of this, but what do you mean experience? We have literally about half our team being made up of freshmen. We have three upper classmen total. That's about as inexperienced a team as I've ever seen
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

To be honest, I would take an 0-18 this year in the pac-10 if it meant Kent getting fired. Of course when we do win a game or two, Kent and the sportswriters from the Oregonian, Register Guard, etc are all going to say how the team is growing and everything will be fine.
endene
One Star Recruit

Post by endene »

I hope the ducks win because this is the first game I'm going to. I wonder how many ppl will be at the game? There were so many empty seats last year.
Might be a long drive back to Eugene.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Tray Dub wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:If we lose to the beevurs Kent should not be welcomed back to coach this team. Just look at the difference in coaching with these two teams. Robinson has taken a terrible team with no talent & made them competitive. Kent has taken a very talented team, with plenty of experience, IMO, and made them the one of the worst teams in the BCS conferences.
I agree completely with most of this, but what do you mean experience? We have literally about half our team being made up of freshmen. We have three upper classmen total. That's about as inexperienced a team as I've ever seen
In this new age of college basketball every team has multiple freshman starting. To me the inexperience excuse is the biggest load of BS I've heard in a while, even from Kent. We are getting killed by teams who have 2-3 freshman in their line up then after the game Ernie goes on & on about how young we are & acts like we are the only team in the nation who has freshman playing extensive minutes. It's an old & worn out excuse that has no bearing in todays game of college basketball.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

A 5 point lead at the half, I'm shocked. Porter had an incredible first half. Can we hold on?