Kitzhaber is gone...

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Kitzhaber is gone...

Post by woundedknees »

Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Re: Kitzhaber is gone...

Post by greenyellow »

I knew he'd eventually do it because it was going to be difficult for him to do his job with all the ethics complaints being filed left and right against him. I'm not sure how much he actually did wrong but the writing was on the wall that he was a dead man walking when even his staunchest Democratic allies in the state were abandoning him. Seems like they didn't want any part of his problems touching them and hurting the party's image as elections are coming us again.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I am a liberty-loving Republican and have pretty much nothing in common with Kitzhaber politically. I do wonder though if he got a fair hearing before a few entities shut him down. Seems like the Oregonian and the legislators shouldn't be able to compel someone to quit like that without some kind of formal proceedings. I have some experience with the media. and they tend to skew things more often than not to fit their narrative. Kinda like how things about Oregon got reported during the Willie Lyles stuff. A few facts and a ton of cascading commentary that becomes 'fact' after being reported and cited back and forth a bunch of times. I'm not saying he isn't guilty as charged, I just question the process.

The other thing that I don't see being talked about yet is the timing. The Democrats get this guy elected and then turn on him right after he wins, even though this has been a story for months. Think Kate Brown could have won on her own? This way, she didn't have to, she can be Governor without being voted in for two years. This kind of thing happens a lot in politics at the local level, I just haven't seen it this high up the chain before.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Phalanx wrote:I am a liberty-loving Republican and have pretty much nothing in common with Kitzhaber politically. I do wonder though if he got a fair hearing before a few entities shut him down. Seems like the Oregonian and the legislators shouldn't be able to compel someone to quit like that without some kind of formal proceedings. I have some experience with the media. and they tend to skew things more often than not to fit their narrative. Kinda like how things about Oregon got reported during the Willie Lyles stuff. A few facts and a ton of cascading commentary that becomes 'fact' after being reported and cited back and forth a bunch of times. I'm not saying he isn't guilty as charged, I just question the process.

The other thing that I don't see being talked about yet is the timing. The Democrats get this guy elected and then turn on him right after he wins, even though this has been a story for months. Think Kate Brown could have won on her own? This way, she didn't have to, she can be Governor without being voted in for two years. This kind of thing happens a lot in politics at the local level, I just haven't seen it this high up the chain before.

Yeah, there's definitely something fishy about the whole thing.

And no way would Kate Brown have been elected to Governor had she run in the next election.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Politicians...
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Anyone would have beat the stiff the GOP ran this past election.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

duckduckgoose wrote:Anyone would have beat the stiff the GOP ran this past election.

Robinson? :lol:

Probably so...I'll be surprised if this state ever elects another Republican as Governor.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

fpsduck wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:Anyone would have beat the stiff the GOP ran this past election.

Probably so...I'll be surprised if this state ever elects another Republican as Governor.
Dennis Richardson ran in the last election and he was really a nobody. Closest Kitzhaber ever came to losing was to Dudley in 2010. State is just too dominated by Portland and Eugene to ever elect a Republican again.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

greenyellow wrote:
fpsduck wrote:

Dennis Richardson ran in the last election and he was really a nobody. Closest Kitzhaber ever came to losing was to Dudley in 2010. State is just too dominated by Portland and Eugene to ever elect a Republican again.
Exactly. Kitz only won something like 7 of 26 counties in Oregon but swept the large population bases. Hopefully Kate Brown can make a positive stamp on the state and we can actually have two viable gubernatorial candidates in 2016 although she is off to a rough start with all of this Comcast business.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck24 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
fpsduck wrote:

Exactly. Kitz only won something like 7 of 26 counties in Oregon but swept the large population bases. Hopefully Kate Brown can make a positive stamp on the state and we can actually have two viable gubernatorial candidates in 2016 although she is off to a rough start with all of this Comcast business.
So she writes a letter supporting Comcast's merger and yet doesn't want to answer for it despite being a public official? Sounds like a typical politician who doesn't really fear anyone actually beating her in an election and thinks they can get away with being secretive in their dealings.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

greenyellow wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
fpsduck wrote:

So she writes a letter supporting Comcast's merger and yet doesn't want to answer for it despite being a public official? Sounds like a typical politician who doesn't really fear anyone actually beating her in an election and thinks they can get away with being secretive in their dealings.
Except she didn't write the letter. Comcast PR wrote it and her people made a few minor changes.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck24 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
fpsduck wrote:

Except she didn't write the letter. Comcast PR wrote it and her people made a few minor changes.
Yikes. Must not have seen that part while skimming the story about her Comcast support. That makes it even worse and makes her look like a bought and paid for politician occupying the highest state position. I could easily see her get primaried if she doesn't answer for it.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Shoot, I'll be eligible to run for Governor in the Special Election next year and I can write my own letters, lol.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:
fpsduck wrote:

Yeah, Multnomah County trumps..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13