Pick your CFP bracket

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Pick your CFP bracket

Post by nogerO »

1. Michigan vs 4. FSU
2. Washington vs 3. Texas

The fake news media/eSECpn will figure out a way for Georgia and Alabama to be in there just watch. FSU and Texas get screwed in that scenario :roll: Personally I would love to see Paul Elephant ears and all the other SEC honks losing their damn minds and screaming like little pre-pubescent girls over Georgia and Alabama being left out of "their" playoffs. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by nogerO on Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Re: Pick your CFP bracket

Post by DuckzRule »

1. Michigan vs 4. Texas
2. Washington vs. 3. Florida State

Hopefully that way we get an Oregon vs. Alabama bowl.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

nogerO wrote:1. Michigan vs 4. FSU
I think this is the way it will be, though I think Alabama should be #4 over FSU.
John 3:36
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

After that abomination of a game last night against Louisville, following a terrible performance against Florida...I would leave FSU out. For me, I would go with:

1) Michigan vs. 4) Alabama
2) Washington vs. 3) Texas
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Undefeated Power 5 conference champion left out of the CFP? Personally, I don't care who the quarterback was they still won the damn games. How would we all feel if that was us? On the flip side IF I was a Georgia or Alabama fan and got left out of this cluster I'd be pissed too. The CFP committee has dodged this bullet for a few years now. Should have went to 12 teams a while back. Now they are going to piss off a lot of teams, universities and loyal fans. They are just as bad as the NCAA for being on their knees with their heads in the sand and hoping the problems would go away.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Michigan v Texas
Uw v Bama
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

nogerO wrote:Undefeated Power 5 conference champion left out of the CFP? Personally, I don't care who the quarterback was they still won the damn games. How would we all feel if that was us? On the flip side IF I was a Georgia or Alabama fan and got left out of this cluster I'd be pissed too. The CFP committee has dodged this bullet for a few years now. Should have went to 12 teams a while back. Now they are going to piss off a lot of teams, universities and loyal fans. They are just as bad as the NCAA for being on their knees with their heads in the sand and hoping the problems would go away.

The ACC is about to learn they aren’t a power 5 conference anymore. It is only the big and sec
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

buckmarkduck wrote:
nogerO wrote:Undefeated Power 5 conference champion left out of the CFP? Personally, I don't care who the quarterback was they still won the damn games. How would we all feel if that was us? On the flip side IF I was a Georgia or Alabama fan and got left out of this cluster I'd be pissed too. The CFP committee has dodged this bullet for a few years now. Should have went to 12 teams a while back. Now they are going to piss off a lot of teams, universities and loyal fans. They are just as bad as the NCAA for being on their knees with their heads in the sand and hoping the problems would go away.

The ACC is about to learn they aren’t a power 5 conference anymore. It is only the big and sec
Hit the nail right on the head. Within the next 4-5 years we will see the top 48 teams in one super conference, divided into 6 divisions, just like the NFL and all players and coaches will be paid probably by the NFL as a sort of developmental players/coaches association.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

DuckzRule wrote:1. Michigan vs 4. Texas
2. Washington vs. 3. Florida State

Hopefully that way we get an Oregon vs. Alabama bowl.
Alabama has the depth that we are working towards. They can probably still field a high level team after going through the transfers and sit outs that we will go through too. But their depth would make a game with Alabama a butt whoopin IMHO.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

#1 uw vs #4 FSU
#2 UM vs #3 Texas
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

SuperDuck wrote:
nogerO wrote:1. Michigan vs 4. FSU
I think this is the way it will be, though I think Alabama should be #4 over FSU.
Seconded
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

CFP has been announced!

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

pdxduck2013 wrote:CFP has been announced!

Well, I'll have to wait another eternity for Oregon vs. Alabama to happen...
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Well, the ridiculous SEC favoritism continues. How in the world can you tell a major college football team that you can win all your games, but have no shot at a championship? Totally corrupt.

By the way, that would probably have been Oregon if the Ducks had won on Friday. They would have put Georgia in there too.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Phalanx wrote:Well, the ridiculous SEC favoritism continues. How in the world can you tell a major college football team that you can win all your games, but have no shot at a championship? Totally corrupt.

By the way, that would probably have been Oregon if the Ducks had won on Friday. They would have put Georgia in there too.
I think the reason the committee left them out was because the ACC had the lowest conference RPI, FSU's SOS was ranked 55th, and they struggled mightily against a Florida team that is not bowl eligible last week and barely beat a Louisville team with a trash QB (if Bo or Penix are on that team, they're dropping 4-5 TD's on that defense). They had one less loss than Texas and Bama, but the committee probably felt it was only because of their easier schedule.

My 2 cents, but I would have done the same thing. If they still had a healthy Jordan Travis, it would be controversial to leave them out but I actually do think the committee got it right. Is last night's FSU team competitive against any of Michigan, UW, Texas, Bama, UGA, Ohio State, or Oregon?