Yep, I believe he's a silent commit to SJU right now. Who knew Lavin would be doing this much damage on the east coast?BillM wrote:St. Johns is supposed to lead for Amir Garrett too.
Recruits left on the board
Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40548
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Recruits left on the board

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Recruits left on the board
It's funny that a school located near one of the biggest hotbeds of basketball talent probably won't be getting any recruits from that area. You would think that with Lavin being an announcer for the past 6-7 seasons, he would have cultivated more contacts in that area.woundedknees wrote:Funny thing is, there seem to be decent players close to St. Johns who are being overlooked in favor of west coast kids.

-
duck92
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 219
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:25 pm
Re: Recruits left on the board
My friend just left St Johns and said he worked hard to get the german kid admitted to STJU. I think they're after Pelle, also. Dunlap knows all these kids. I wonder if after a few years, we still battle with them for recruits.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Recruits left on the board
Wonder if Dunlap is trying to get back at Oregon by going after all the same kids?duck92 wrote:My friend just left St Johns and said he worked hard to get the german kid admitted to STJU. I think they're after Pelle, also. Dunlap knows all these kids. I wonder if after a few years, we still battle with them for recruits.

-
duck92
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 219
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:25 pm
Re: Recruits left on the board
Dunlap shouldn't have anything against us. We're paying him 400 k to coach at St Johns. He seems above a lot of the pettiness. He chose to have his desk in a storage room there. He just wants to coach, recruiting and media relations aren't his thing. He'll be a career assistant because of that.
- Tray Dub
- Senior
- Posts: 4994
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm
Re: Recruits left on the board
I know from the very limited amount of inside info I'm privy to that Dunlap isn't on great terms with Oregon at all, but he's certainly not targeting kids to get back at the U of O.
-
oregontrack
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5118
- Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:23 pm
Re: Recruits left on the board
That seems odd. Not saying it's untrue at all, just saying that it would be odd for Dunlap to hold some sort of grudge. He was never, ever going to get a head coaching job here, unless the University was floating around empty promises I don't know why he'd be upset.





- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Recruits left on the board
But it seems odd that a school like St. John's is recruiting the same kids as Oregon, especially considering the built-in recruiting location of St. Johns.Tray Dub wrote:I know from the very limited amount of inside info I'm privy to that Dunlap isn't on great terms with Oregon at all, but he's certainly not targeting kids to get back at the U of O.

-
dthomas=ddixon
- Moderator

- Posts: 8646
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
- Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Re: Recruits left on the board
I'm sorry but a school isn't going to target & sign kids just to get at another school. Thats absurd. They're going after kids that they think will make them better, just like we are.

-
bellsduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3819
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:40 am
- GM: Utah Jazz
Re: Recruits left on the board
Gene Keady to help Lavin out at St. John's now.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Recruits left on the board
That is really going to help out since Keady is an absolute legend at Purdue. This is definitely a favor to Lavin since Keady gave Lavin an assistant job when he was first starting out.bellsduck wrote:Gene Keady to help Lavin out at St. John's now.

- dd10snoop28
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5042
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:06 am
- GM: New Jersey Nets GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Recruits left on the board
Saw some highlights of the "Clash of the classes". It's a game between the best player in Oregon vs best players in Washington. The game included players like:
Jordan Tebbutt(Oregon target)
Kyle Wiltjer(Kentucky)
Austin Keumper(Oregon)
Brett Kingma(Oregon)
Andrew Andrews(Washington)
Tony Wroten(Washington)
Anyways, I was watching the highlights and there was a stretch in which Kingma hit 3 consecutive 3-pointers and the crowd/bench were going nuts. From what I heard he and Tony Wroten(42points/9rebs/7ast were the stars of the game).
Jordan Tebbutt(Oregon target)
Kyle Wiltjer(Kentucky)
Austin Keumper(Oregon)
Brett Kingma(Oregon)
Andrew Andrews(Washington)
Tony Wroten(Washington)
Anyways, I was watching the highlights and there was a stretch in which Kingma hit 3 consecutive 3-pointers and the crowd/bench were going nuts. From what I heard he and Tony Wroten(42points/9rebs/7ast were the stars of the game).

- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Recruits left on the board
Looks like Kingma can handle himself when playing against and with some top players. Sounds like he had the shooting touch that we've all seen in his highlight videos.dd10snoop28 wrote:Saw some highlights of the "Clash of the classes". It's a game between the best player in Oregon vs best players in Washington. The game included players like:
Jordan Tebbutt(Oregon target)
Kyle Wiltjer(Kentucky)
Austin Keumper(Oregon)
Brett Kingma(Oregon)
Andrew Andrews(Washington)
Tony Wroten(Washington)
Anyways, I was watching the highlights and there was a stretch in which Kingma hit 3 consecutive 3-pointers and the crowd/bench were going nuts. From what I heard he and Tony Wroten(42points/9rebs/7ast were the stars of the game).
