Signing Day Thread
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
247DUCK
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 65
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:07 pm
Re: Signing Day Thread
I thought kingofducks said Gaines was on tv comitting to Oregon?????? 
- alabamaduck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 867
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:56 pm
- Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Re: Signing Day Thread
You can say whatever you want on TV, but until he faxes the LOI nothing is official

-
duckgrad99
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 6086
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 pm
- Location: San Diego
-
Mops
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 754
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:51 pm
- Location: Eugene
- Contact:
Re: Signing Day Thread
he did actually commit. But he hasn't officially sent his LOI in to the UO. There is no official word on that from the Oregon AD.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Signing Day Thread
Did he hold off because Oklahoma didn't get any more WRs and they may have some openings?Mops wrote:he did actually commit. But he hasn't officially sent his LOI in to the UO. There is no official word on that from the Oregon AD.

- OreDucks01284
- Senior
- Posts: 3635
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:29 pm
- Location: Salem, Oregon
Re: Signing Day Thread
good question, that might happengreenyellow wrote:Did he hold off because Oklahoma didn't get any more WRs and they may have some openings?Mops wrote:he did actually commit. But he hasn't officially sent his LOI in to the UO. There is no official word on that from the Oregon AD.

-
duckgrad99
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 6086
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 pm
- Location: San Diego
Re: Signing Day Thread
I would say that it's much more likely that Gaines would play right away with Oregon, and I couldn't say the same with Oklahoma.

-
ghetarr2007
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:19 am
Re: Signing Day Thread
Just when this day couldn't have gone any better...I mean Gaines could easily step in and be the #1 WR on this team. But oh well, we will just have to wait and see. I have a feeling he will still choose Oregon, but who knows.
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: Signing Day Thread
"It aint over til it's over..."
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


-
Mops
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 754
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:51 pm
- Location: Eugene
- Contact:
Re: Signing Day Thread
I have no inside info and I am simply just thinking out loud here.
Gaines might have chosen Oregon s and he due the better chance of playing time. Instead Oklahoma missed out on some guyst and now he might be able to come in and play right awy for a school closer to home and one that returns the Heismen winner.
Gaines might have chosen Oregon s and he due the better chance of playing time. Instead Oklahoma missed out on some guyst and now he might be able to come in and play right awy for a school closer to home and one that returns the Heismen winner.
-
dthomas=ddixon
- Moderator

- Posts: 8646
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
- Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Re: Signing Day Thread
Bellotti said in his press conference that there are two WRs tht just have a few qulifying issues to work out & one of them should be resolved today. I would think he's talking about Gaines as the last one.Mops wrote:I have no inside info and I am simply just thinking out loud here.
Gaines might have chosen Oregon s and he due the better chance of playing time. Instead Oklahoma missed out on some guyst and now he might be able to come in and play right awy for a school closer to home and one that returns the Heismen winner.

-
Mops
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 754
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:51 pm
- Location: Eugene
- Contact:
Re: Signing Day Thread
And right after I post my last post I get a text from someone who I work with at 1320 the score here in Eugene.
"Gaines isnt on the list of commitments we got at the press conference so Bellotti can't talk about it. However, he did say the staff is working on 2 JC WRs that are dealing with NCAA academic issues but should be signing with Oregon soon."
"Gaines isnt on the list of commitments we got at the press conference so Bellotti can't talk about it. However, he did say the staff is working on 2 JC WRs that are dealing with NCAA academic issues but should be signing with Oregon soon."
-
dthomas=ddixon
- Moderator

- Posts: 8646
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
- Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Re: Signing Day Thread
Mops wrote:And right after I post my last post I get a text from someone who I work with at 1320 the score here in Eugene.
"Gaines isnt on the list of commitments we got at the press conference so Bellotti can't talk about it. However, he did say the staff is working on 2 JC WRs that are dealing with NCAA academic issues but should be signing with Oregon soon."

-
BADuck
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:30 pm
Re: Signing Day Thread
I hate to be cynical but the attorney in me says Gaines is gone. If he was hot and bothered by Oregon he would have pulled the trigger already. He probably feels dumb about committing this morning and then seeing oklahoma didn't get all their WRs decided to go there. My call 80% to oklahoma 20% he comes to Oregon. That was huge, because it would have allowed Harper to move RB. The Ducks are really going to need a great back for the 2010 season. I still can't believe they didn't push hard for a 4 or 5 star back other than Brown.
Took this class from being really good to just above average in my opinion. From a B+ to a B
Go Ducks
Took this class from being really good to just above average in my opinion. From a B+ to a B
Go Ducks
-
Mops
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 754
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:51 pm
- Location: Eugene
- Contact:
Re: Signing Day Thread
It appears Gaines actually has some grade issues that are being worked out with the UO ED and should be signed shortly according to the presser from MB.BADuck wrote:I hate to be cynical but the attorney in me says Gaines is gone. If he was hot and bothered by Oregon he would have pulled the trigger already. He probably feels dumb about committing this morning and then seeing oklahoma didn't get all their WRs decided to go there. My call 80% to oklahoma 20% he comes to Oregon. That was huge, because it would have allowed Harper to move RB. The Ducks are really going to need a great back for the 2010 season. I still can't believe they didn't push hard for a 4 or 5 star back other than Brown.
Took this class from being really good to just above average in my opinion. From a B+ to a B-
Go Ducks
