Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

jhopduck
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:53 am
Location: Medford, OR

Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*

Post by jhopduck »

It's WAYY early so this thing will change drastically over the next 2 months easily.
No Curtis White, Ethan Grant, or Owa even. So that tells you a little about the list right there. Seastrunk could be the nations top recruit and they have him at a 4*, like I said it will change. Enjoy for now. Boards are slow.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p= ... 88&yr=2010
Twitter: @JHopkins541

Email: duckterritoryjustin@gmail.com
User avatar
Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*

Post by Hoagduck »

Nope, Curtis White is definitely there. 4 star DE towards the bottom.
jhopduck
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:53 am
Location: Medford, OR

Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*

Post by jhopduck »

My bad missed that. Good call.
Twitter: @JHopkins541

Email: duckterritoryjustin@gmail.com
Mops
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 754
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:51 pm
Location: Eugene
Contact:

Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*

Post by Mops »

I am high on OO, hell I am wanting him the most on my wish list I believe thats not committed yet.

That said, Im taking a step back from being so excited about him. He is a great player. Has the tools to be very special and clearly there are lots of schools looking at him after he's been offered by Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, Florida, Notre Dame, and others.

That said, he's blown up against good level of talent in non contact drills. He didn't dominate these other top players with pads on or going game speed. Instead he dominated in a setting where the pads are off and its a different setting than an actual game setting. We didn't even know much about him until the Army Combine.

Still think he will be a top notch recruit but I am holding back on the idea he is a true 5* DE.
woundedknees
All-American
Posts: 12821
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*

Post by woundedknees »

If you click on the position (QB,TE, RB, etc...), it will give you a list of the players available at that position... Ethan Grant is listed as a 1*, on page 3. Curtis White at the #12 DE positon, and Owa at the midpoint of the second page, as a 1*.

Must be the dreaded Oregon/Scout curse.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Image
karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*

Post by karlhungis »

Gotta love those 1* RB's that can run a 4.3. He must have lost his arms in an off season accident or something.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
gofightingducks
All Pac-12
Posts: 5533
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:08 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*

Post by gofightingducks »

karlhungis wrote:Gotta love those 1* RB's that can run a 4.3. He must have lost his arms in an off season accident or something.
They haven't rated everybody yet, so guys like Grant who are rated 1* is just a default rating, he will probably end up being a high 3* at minimum but most likely a 4*
jhopduck
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:53 am
Location: Medford, OR

Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*

Post by jhopduck »

Owa is def. solid. But how good exactly we'll see this year. I know Alabama has sent coaches to P-town to pay him a visit, and he is very much in the national spotlight. I wish Oregon had these few talented kids we have locked up way early (ie white) but who knows. I still trust the staff to do the right thing for the team.
Twitter: @JHopkins541

Email: duckterritoryjustin@gmail.com
User avatar
Phenom
All Pac-12
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am

Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*

Post by Phenom »

Mops wrote:I am high on OO, hell I am wanting him the most on my wish list I believe thats not committed yet.

That said, Im taking a step back from being so excited about him. He is a great player. Has the tools to be very special and clearly there are lots of schools looking at him after he's been offered by Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, Florida, Notre Dame, and others.

That said, he's blown up against good level of talent in non contact drills. He didn't dominate these other top players with pads on or going game speed. Instead he dominated in a setting where the pads are off and its a different setting than an actual game setting. We didn't even know much about him until the Army Combine.

Still think he will be a top notch recruit but I am holding back on the idea he is a true 5* DE.
Dude, he had 96 tackles and 18 sacks last year. I hope you're not trying to imply that we won't get him.
Mops
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 754
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:51 pm
Location: Eugene
Contact:

Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*

Post by Mops »

I am not trying to say he isnt good. Hes a very good player. Is he a great player that is considered a top 50 player in the nation? That is unseen. Oregon as a state has terrible high school football talent, so a player that is going to get offers from a lot of schools will stand out. Lets see how he does against level of talent of the likes from Cali, Tex, Fl, Ohio, and the south.
jimmyg
Two Star Recruit
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:04 am

Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*

Post by jimmyg »

Owa was unstoppable at the Army All-American junior combine, he dominated the top OL at that event. With his frame, he has the potential to be a 260-270 dominating DE at the college level. Just the kind we never get, hopefully being close to home works for us for once.
User avatar
duckamania
One Star Recruit
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*

Post by duckamania »

I don't understand how they have Heaps rated so highly. I see him as a mid to low 4 star but to have him at the top of the board as a 5 star seems like classic Washington bias from guys like Fetters over at scout. The kid has a pretty accurate arm, but his size, arm strength, and decision making I question from the games and footage I've watched of him. Not to mention he had a pretty good group of recievers to work with in Gino Simone and Kason Williams and I heard he hasn't looked to impressive at some recent camps. To see Heaps rated that high, and then see skilled guys with Oregon ties like Ethan Grant and the defensive end from Portland rated as 1 stars, reminds me of the classic scout ranking system. (Cody Bruns anyone)
Duckamania's Runnin' Wild Brother!
Image
User avatar
Elduderino
Senior
Posts: 2242
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:19 pm
Location: CA

Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*

Post by Elduderino »

yep that must be it. Those evil guys at scout.com must have it out for Oregon, so they do whatever they can to belittle our recruiting classes through the completely meaningless appropriation of "stars". How could u argue that when Cody Bruns got 4 whole stars!! :lol: :roll:
AKA: CAgrown
User avatar
Juice
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 685
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:19 am
Location: Seattle

Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*

Post by Juice »

duckamania wrote:I don't understand how they have Heaps rated so highly. I see him as a mid to low 4 star but to have him at the top of the board as a 5 star seems like classic Washington bias from guys like Fetters over at scout. The kid has a pretty accurate arm, but his size, arm strength, and decision making I question from the games and footage I've watched of him. Not to mention he had a pretty good group of recievers to work with in Gino Simone and Kason Williams and I heard he hasn't looked to impressive at some recent camps. To see Heaps rated that high, and then see skilled guys with Oregon ties like Ethan Grant and the defensive end from Portland rated as 1 stars, reminds me of the classic scout ranking system. (Cody Bruns anyone)
Cody Bruns is worthless. How he was a 4* still boggles my mind.
dthomas=ddixon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8651
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: McMinnville, Oregon

Re: Scouts 2010 top list 5* and 4*

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

How does white, 5'10, 140, & 4.8 equal anything BUT a 5*?!

Sincerely, Fetters
Image
Post Reply