He's Baaaaack

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit

He's Baaaaack

Post by ducksin2010 »

http://blogs.registerguard.com/cms/inde ... -in-doubt/

Ernie gets another year but assistants are in doubt.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: He's Baaaaack

Post by duckgrad99 »

Just wait for the non conference schedule. It will probably be all home games against the teams with the worst records this season. Because of this, we will probably only have to go 9-9 in conference to make the tournament. All of the Kent supporters will be gushing saying how great a year it was. In all honesty, I think we can be pretty good next year, but it won't have anything to do with Kent.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I can't say that I am thrilled.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Every couple of years he is on the hot seat and there is talk he is going to get fired. I don't think he will ever get fired, it seems the school is happy with mediocrity. I hope I am wrong and Bellotti pulls the trigger next year after the team underachieves again. How many chances does a guy get? Yes he had the two elite 8 appearances but I could have coached that talent to the elite 8. What did he do with that same talent the other years? With the new arena and Nike relationship the Ducks should be able to land a fairly big name or maybe Bellotti can find a Chip Kelly for the basketball team!
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

And if EK's team does perform well, the odds are that whatever good assistant(s) he has will be hired away, and the plunge to mediocrity will resume forthwith...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

I think all the others top tier coaching position set this move in motion! I'm not happy about this but I'm not seriously disappointed either!

Time will tell...

BTW I hope they do fill their schedules with pasties for next year this team could use a confidence boost!

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

gofightingducks wrote:Every couple of years he is on the hot seat and there is talk he is going to get fired. I don't think he will ever get fired, it seems the school is happy with mediocrity. I hope I am wrong and Bellotti pulls the trigger next year after the team underachieves again. How many chances does a guy get? Yes he had the two elite 8 appearances but I could have coached that talent to the elite 8. What did he do with that same talent the other years? With the new arena and Nike relationship the Ducks should be able to land a fairly big name or maybe Bellotti can find a Chip Kelly for the basketball team!
Why not instead hope that the team achieves? I'm just saying...
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

RanDux wrote:
gofightingducks wrote:Every couple of years he is on the hot seat and there is talk he is going to get fired. I don't think he will ever get fired, it seems the school is happy with mediocrity. I hope I am wrong and Bellotti pulls the trigger next year after the team underachieves again. How many chances does a guy get? Yes he had the two elite 8 appearances but I could have coached that talent to the elite 8. What did he do with that same talent the other years? With the new arena and Nike relationship the Ducks should be able to land a fairly big name or maybe Bellotti can find a Chip Kelly for the basketball team!
Why not instead hope that the team achieves? I'm just saying...
I do hope the team achieves, I just don't think they will, it is hard to see them vastly improve in just one season, particularly with Kent at the helm!