Tim Floys takes Arizona job

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Tim Floys takes Arizona job

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/stor ... BHeadlines

Tim Floyd will be named basketball coach at Arizona, Mark Asher of Sports 620 KTAR, ESPN's radio affiliate in Phoenix, is reporting according to multiple sources.

Floyd met with Arizona athletic director Jim Livengood on Wednesday night to work out the final details of the deal and an announcement is expected Thursday, according to sources.

Floyd, 55, has spent the last four seasons at USC with an 85-50 record. He led the Trojans to three NCAA tournament appearances -- including the Sweet 16 in 2007.

Floyd previously coached in the NBA with the Chicago Bulls in 1999-2002 and the New Orleans Hornets in 2004.

He was also the head coach at Iowa State, New Orleans and Idaho.

Lute Olson retired as coach at Arizona prior to the start of the season. Arizona advanced to the Sweet 16 with interim coach Russ Pennell
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: Tim Floys takes Arizona job

Post by duckgrad99 »

I thought Arizona would do better than that. So no Few to Arizona. Will he go to USC, Washington State, another team or stay at Gonzaga?
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

duckgrad99 wrote:I thought Arizona would do better than that. So no Few to Arizona. Will he go to USC, Washington State, another team or stay at Gonzaga?
Floyd is arguably a better coach than Few.

I don't know for sure what Few plans on doing, but I can tell you with great certainty he isn't going to Washington State. Due to their horrible location and monetary problems, that is one of the least desirable coaching jobs in the country for a program located in a major conference. Even if they had the money to bribe Few to take over that undesirable situation, which they don't, he would just wait for a more desirable program to take over.

Ken Bone would be a good fit at Washington State. Even if they make him the lowest paid coach in the Pac-10, it would increase his current salary many times over. He is boring and uncharismatic, which fits right in at Washington State since they aren't going to get elite recruits or draw big crowds anyway, but he is a pretty solid coach.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Floyd is staying at USC. Maybe Arizona goes after Few.