Josh Harper

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
gosterman01
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:03 am

Josh Harper

Post by gosterman01 »

I hope we offer him. Mop's what do you think our chances are?
Image
Mops
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 754
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:51 pm
Location: Eugene
Contact:

Re: Josh Harper

Post by Mops »

Well his brother is coaching the WRs as a grad assistant so I'd like to think we certainly have the family side of things locked up. However, I think he is a wait and see type talent at WR as we could land some better guys.
woundedknees
All-American
Posts: 12821
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: Josh Harper

Post by woundedknees »

Betcha his Momma would like to see him as a Duck!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Image
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40591
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Josh Harper

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I talked to him a week ago and he said he really likes Oregon.. I'll see if I can get anything else out of him.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Josh Harper

Post by karlhungis »

Mops wrote:Well his brother is coaching the WRs as a grad assistant so I'd like to think we certainly have the family side of things locked up. However, I think he is a wait and see type talent at WR as we could land some better guys.
http://oregon.scout.com/a.z?s=128&p=8&c=1&nid=3930631

You honestly think that we have a good chance of filling out this class with WR's that are all better than the #29 rated WR in the country? That would be pretty impressive if we can pull that off but I have my doubts.

I realize that our class never really ends up looking like our prospect list on Scout, but he is the 2nd highest rated WR on our list behind the #2 WR Trovon Reed. He is the only 4* WR on our list.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
User avatar
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:34 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Josh Harper

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

karlhungis wrote:
Mops wrote:Well his brother is coaching the WRs as a grad assistant so I'd like to think we certainly have the family side of things locked up. However, I think he is a wait and see type talent at WR as we could land some better guys.
http://oregon.scout.com/a.z?s=128&p=8&c=1&nid=3930631

You honestly think that we have a good chance of filling out this class with WR's that are all better than the #29 rated WR in the country? That would be pretty impressive if we can pull that off but I have my doubts.

I realize that our class never really ends up looking like our prospect list on Scout, but he is the 2nd highest rated WR on our list behind the #2 WR Trovon Reed. He is the only 4* WR on our list.
Did you look at Harper's offer list? Scout shows him as having no offers. Rivals shows his only offer coming from Nevada. Needless to say, at this point in time, college coaches around the country simply don't agree with Scout's rankings. Rivals doesn't agree with them either.

Keanon Lowe has made it clear he wants to play WR in college and the Oregon coaches recently offered him. Unless Harper has an Oregon offer we don't know about, I don't know how else to interpret that other than Oregon prefers Lowe over Harper at this time, despite the fact Scout lists Lowe as an unrated cornerback. Scout also shows Harper ranked well ahead of Ivan McCartney, who is getting offers (Oregon, Florida, Miami, etc.) and heavy recruiting attention from major programs across the country. How much credibility do the Scout rankings really have? I guess a person has to make their own judgment of that.

I am not anti-Harper, by the way. I would love for him to blow up and become a top recruiting target since the Ducks would seemingly have a good shot at landing him. I'm just pointing out that, for whatever reason, colleges aren't tripping over themselves to land him at this time.
Image
Post Reply