Cotton Bowl
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
303DucksFan
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 698
- Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:43 pm
- Location: Rocky Mountains
Cotton Bowl
So does the SEC skid continue? Not knowing much about both teams I'm not really sure how this game is going to end. I am rooting for the Sooners though as I just never root for the SEC. Also since this is a Ducks message board who do you think Manziel will have a better game then Mariota did last night?
Mariota Stat Line
Passing
M. Mariota 12/24 166 6.9 2 0
Rushing
8 62 7.8 1 32
Mariota Stat Line
Passing
M. Mariota 12/24 166 6.9 2 0
Rushing
8 62 7.8 1 32
- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: Cotton Bowl
Well Manziel was rooting for the Ducks last night and even ended up taking some crap for it, too.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... ncaaf.html
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... ncaaf.html

- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40569
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Cotton Bowl
I like Manziel, but I don't like the SEC. General rule of thumb, root against SEC teams unless it's Bud's LSU.Duck07 wrote:Well Manziel was rooting for the Ducks last night and even ended up taking some crap for it, too.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... ncaaf.html

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- AutzenMember
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1097
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:47 pm
- Location: Hockinson, WA
Re: Cotton Bowl
If it makes you feel any better, Texas A&M is a Big XII team playing an SEC schedule. If Alabama were to lose, and Texas A&M wins, then arguably the SEC's best team isn't even an SEC team. Time for the SEC to start playing real OOC games and maybe travel once in a while...their cover is being blown (well, potentially...I still think Alabama is going to roll on ND).UOducksTK1 wrote:I like Manziel, but I don't like the SEC. General rule of thumb, root against SEC teams unless it's Bud's LSU.Duck07 wrote:Well Manziel was rooting for the Ducks last night and even ended up taking some crap for it, too.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... ncaaf.html
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40569
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Cotton Bowl
True, but A&M is acting like an SEC team. But I'll admit it speaks volume to see it a Big 12 team come in and finish as well as they did in SEC. Makes you wonder if SEC is not as great as people think. IMO SEC is a great conference, but the depth and non-conference scheduling is usually pretty bad. They always have some amazing teams on top, followed by meh. which is why we are seeing a team like A&M be so successful so quick.AutzenMember wrote:If it makes you feel any better, Texas A&M is a Big XII team playing an SEC schedule. If Alabama were to lose, and Texas A&M wins, then arguably the SEC's best team isn't even an SEC team. Time for the SEC to start playing real OOC games and maybe travel once in a while...their cover is being blown (well, potentially...I still think Alabama is going to roll on ND).UOducksTK1 wrote:I like Manziel, but I don't like the SEC. General rule of thumb, root against SEC teams unless it's Bud's LSU.Duck07 wrote:Well Manziel was rooting for the Ducks last night and even ended up taking some crap for it, too.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... ncaaf.html

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- Bud Lee
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5541
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
- Location: Da Boot
Re: Cotton Bowl
UOducksTK1 wrote:I like Manziel, but I don't like the SEC. General rule of thumb, root against SEC teams unless it's Bud's LSU.Duck07 wrote:Well Manziel was rooting for the Ducks last night and even ended up taking some crap for it, too.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... ncaaf.html
I like A&M and I hope they win.
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: Cotton Bowl
Remember the loud predictions when A&M moved to the SEC?
Something along the lines of, "They're gonna get slaughtered!"
Good luck with that.
Something along the lines of, "They're gonna get slaughtered!"
Good luck with that.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


-
duck55
- Senior
- Posts: 2157
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:37 am
- Location: Keizer OR
Re: Cotton Bowl
FixedUOducksTK1 wrote:I like Manziel, but I don't like the SEC. General rule of thumb, root against SEC teams unless it's Bud's LSU when we are not playing them.Duck07 wrote:Well Manziel was rooting for the Ducks last night and even ended up taking some crap for it, too.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... ncaaf.html
- OreDucks01284
- Senior
- Posts: 3635
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:29 pm
- Location: Salem, Oregon
Cotton Bowl
lmao, did you guy see that? mark stoop still doing the dolphin jump!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- AutzenMember
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1097
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:47 pm
- Location: Hockinson, WA
Re: Cotton Bowl
This is a good ballgame!
- UofO8
- Senior
- Posts: 2538
- Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:41 pm
Re: Cotton Bowl
What were they saying? o.0Biggus Duckus wrote:A&M fans were ripping on Mariota's performance pretty hard last night, I'm totally cool with another 77-0 OU win.
And it's hard for me to root for OU usually.
Not sure why it's so hard to understand. We were one of the first schools to offer him and he was committed to us at one point. He obviously liked/likes our school. Although, that whiny KSU telling him that Klein deserved it more is hilariousWell Manziel was rooting for the Ducks last night and even ended up taking some crap for it, too.

-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: Cotton Bowl
Manziel impressed me tonight. I gave him s*** for getting the Heisman simply because he beat Alabama, but he looked legit tonight. Fundamentally unsound but man, he puts it on the money.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
- brich75
- Senior
- Posts: 4054
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:27 pm
Re: Cotton Bowl
I have said all year that I would take Mariota over Manziel every time. I felt like Maiita is a big faster strong version of Manziel! That said, Manziel came out and played a much better game that Marcus did last night IMO.
- MFRDuckFan
- Senior
- Posts: 4829
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:52 pm
- Location: Medford
Re: Cotton Bowl
Oklahoma sucked & it gave me so much pleasure to watch Stoops spit all over himself and others.

Plus, I believe we would beat A&M because their defense couldn't handle it when the Sooners sped things up. The A&M defense was never ready and the Sooners would bust some yards, but since the Sooners have no clue how to do it right they would just jump into a hole and throw dirt on themselves.
Plus, I believe we would beat A&M because their defense couldn't handle it when the Sooners sped things up. The A&M defense was never ready and the Sooners would bust some yards, but since the Sooners have no clue how to do it right they would just jump into a hole and throw dirt on themselves.
- Bud Lee
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5541
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
- Location: Da Boot
Re: Cotton Bowl
First of all, A&M is a SEC team, their offense is very similar to previous SEC offenses. Think Florida with Tebow at the helm, and AU with Cam.. Their defense is also a very SEC-ish and the Big XII in general is a mixed between the PAC and the SEC. You have a lot of high powered offenses (PAC) but you still have a lot of teams with strong defenses (SEC).
Second, I don’t think that A&M having a great “rookie” year in the SEC says anything about the SEC, I think it says a lot about their team and what a great athlete can do for a team. Look what they did to Oklahoma last night, a team that is more or less the same Sooner team that destroyed A&M 41-25, with the only real difference being Johnny Football.
Though I’m sure people will use their success and stats to make their case. Those people should also look at Mizzou and how they did. Mizzou came in as a 8 win team, 5 – 4 in conference play, and this year they struggled to make it to five wins this year on a much easier schedule than A&M. All but one of their loses came from SEC opponents, and their only SEC wins were against Kentucky and Tennessee, two of the worst teams in the conference. So here you have a middle of the road Big XII team coming into the SEC and doing bad. Now if Northern Illinois came in the SEC and saw that kind of success their first year I would agree.
Second, I don’t think that A&M having a great “rookie” year in the SEC says anything about the SEC, I think it says a lot about their team and what a great athlete can do for a team. Look what they did to Oklahoma last night, a team that is more or less the same Sooner team that destroyed A&M 41-25, with the only real difference being Johnny Football.
Though I’m sure people will use their success and stats to make their case. Those people should also look at Mizzou and how they did. Mizzou came in as a 8 win team, 5 – 4 in conference play, and this year they struggled to make it to five wins this year on a much easier schedule than A&M. All but one of their loses came from SEC opponents, and their only SEC wins were against Kentucky and Tennessee, two of the worst teams in the conference. So here you have a middle of the road Big XII team coming into the SEC and doing bad. Now if Northern Illinois came in the SEC and saw that kind of success their first year I would agree.
