QUACK Ma'ae
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
cordy02c
- Senior
- Posts: 3236
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:38 pm
QUACK Ma'ae
Oregon Lands Treven Ma'ae
- pdxduck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 332
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:55 am
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Treven Ma'ae - QUACK
Rush end? Do we like this pick up?
-
cordy02c
- Senior
- Posts: 3236
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:38 pm
Re: Treven Ma'ae - QUACK
sounds like he will play outside linebacker
-
TualatinDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 2439
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 am
- Location: Tualatin
Re: Treven Ma'ae - QUACK
He had a solid offer list, curious why only a 3*.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40587
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: QUACK Ma'ae
Yeeee! Probably the most underrated commit so far for this year.
Very surprised he committed before visiting places, but hey I'm not complaining!
Very surprised he committed before visiting places, but hey I'm not complaining!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Treven Ma'ae - QUACK
Because he runs a 4.9 40. I don't think we've ever had a successful linebacker that slow.TualatinDuck wrote:He had a solid offer list, curious why only a 3*.
-
Greenblood
- Senior
- Posts: 3447
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm
Re: Treven Ma'ae - QUACK
Yes -- inquiring minds would like to know. Oklahoma, USC and UW among those offering him.TualatinDuck wrote:He had a solid offer list, curious why only a 3*.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39218
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: QUACK Ma'ae
According to ScoopDuck, he visited during the spring.UOducksTK1 wrote:Yeeee! Probably the most underrated commit so far for this year.
Very surprised he committed before visiting places, but hey I'm not complaining!

-
TualatinDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 2439
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 am
- Location: Tualatin
Re: QUACK Ma'ae
Que Poly to tell us how to pronounce his last name.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
- pdxduck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 332
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:55 am
Re: Treven Ma'ae - QUACK
This article has his SPARQ laser timed 40 at 4.6.StevensTechU wrote:Because he runs a 4.9 40. I don't think we've ever had a successful linebacker that slow.TualatinDuck wrote:He had a solid offer list, curious why only a 3*.
https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/week ... -showdown/
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: QUACK Ma'ae
"He was recruited by future position coach Cort Dennison and his uncle Joe Salave’a."
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Ar ... 121186684/
"Ma’ae plays defensive end on the prep level but has the athleticism and body type the Oregon staff is looking for to play outside linebacker on the next level."
"Ma'ae was as coveted as any target remaining on the board."
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Ar ... 121186684/
"Ma’ae plays defensive end on the prep level but has the athleticism and body type the Oregon staff is looking for to play outside linebacker on the next level."
"Ma'ae was as coveted as any target remaining on the board."
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Treven Ma'ae - QUACK
That would make me feel a thousand times better. His Hudl page says 4.88, which is fast for an offensive lineman.pdxduck wrote:This article has his SPARQ laser timed 40 at 4.6.StevensTechU wrote:Because he runs a 4.9 40. I don't think we've ever had a successful linebacker that slow.TualatinDuck wrote:He had a solid offer list, curious why only a 3*.
https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/week ... -showdown/
-
GrandpaDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 3306
- Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:48 pm
Re: Treven Ma'ae - QUACK
Watching his highlights I would have guessed him at faster than 4.9 but I wouldn't have guessed 4.6. Anyway 40 times aren't as important as 10 yard times which we never see anyway.pdxduck wrote:This article has his SPARQ laser timed 40 at 4.6.StevensTechU wrote:Because he runs a 4.9 40. I don't think we've ever had a successful linebacker that slow.TualatinDuck wrote:He had a solid offer list, curious why only a 3*.
https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/week ... -showdown/
This is one of the only guys who can win the "Troy Dye 3-star but actually best in class" trophy, because he is one of the few 3 stars in the class. Note, this trophy is not given out every year.
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40587
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: QUACK Ma'ae
Well family ties never hurt..woundedknees wrote:"He was recruited by future position coach Cort Dennison and his uncle Joe Salave’a."
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Ar ... 121186684/
"Ma’ae plays defensive end on the prep level but has the athleticism and body type the Oregon staff is looking for to play outside linebacker on the next level."
"Ma'ae was as coveted as any target remaining on the board."

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13