QUACK Ma'ae

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

GrandpaDuck
Senior
Posts: 3306
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:48 pm

Re: QUACK Ma'ae

Post by GrandpaDuck »

So i verified, his 40 was 4.68 at the Vegas Nike. Sparq at 107, good 40 and powerball, so so Shuttle and Vertical Jump.

Note he played in Hawaii and only transferred to Bishop Gorman this year which might explain his low rating compared to offer list.
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39222
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: QUACK Ma'ae

Post by greenyellow »

woundedknees wrote:"He was recruited by future position coach Cort Dennison and his uncle Joe Salave’a."

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Ar ... 121186684/

"Ma’ae plays defensive end on the prep level but has the athleticism and body type the Oregon staff is looking for to play outside linebacker on the next level."

"Ma'ae was as coveted as any target remaining on the board."
Not sure how I missed that part. No wonder they were after him so hard.
Image
User avatar
UofDuck
Senior
Posts: 3944
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:51 pm

QUACK Ma'ae

Post by UofDuck »

This is one of the only guys who can win the "Troy Dye 3-star but actually best in class" trophy, because he is one of the few 3 stars in the class. Note, this trophy is not given out every year.

Post of the day^. Offer list is very solid. Should be a 4*. OU, SC, WA...
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Treven Ma'ae - QUACK

Post by StevensTechU »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
pdxduck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:He had a solid offer list, curious why only a 3*.
Because he runs a 4.9 40. I don't think we've ever had a successful linebacker that slow.
This article has his SPARQ laser timed 40 at 4.6.

https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/week ... -showdown/
Watching his highlights I would have guessed him at faster than 4.9 but I wouldn't have guessed 4.6. Anyway 40 times aren't as important as 10 yard times which we never see anyway.
I agree, but I would say that if you recruit Hunter Kampmoyer athleticism, you get Hunter Kampmoyer production.
User avatar
Phenom
All Pac-12
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am

Re: QUACK Ma'ae

Post by Phenom »

He's got great potential because of his athletic ability and size. was my #1 realistic rush end want.
User avatar
Alan
Senior
Posts: 4359
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:17 pm

Re: QUACK Ma'ae

Post by Alan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
woundedknees wrote:"He was recruited by future position coach Cort Dennison and his uncle Joe Salave’a."

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Ar ... 121186684/

"Ma’ae plays defensive end on the prep level but has the athleticism and body type the Oregon staff is looking for to play outside linebacker on the next level."

"Ma'ae was as coveted as any target remaining on the board."
Well family ties never hurt..

Just to make things 100% clear, big Joe is his uncle? Which I don't care in the least about, he had good offers and is a solid 3 star.... just more than curious about it. Thanks
buckmarkduck
All-American
Posts: 11012
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
Contact:

Re: Treven Ma'ae - QUACK

Post by buckmarkduck »

pdxduck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:He had a solid offer list, curious why only a 3*.
Because he runs a 4.9 40. I don't think we've ever had a successful linebacker that slow.
This article has his SPARQ laser timed 40 at 4.6.

https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/week ... -showdown/
And that's later times. Dont know where the 4.9 is coming from, but it's wrong. Kid will be a beast at 250- 260

Also to answer the previous question, Tony Washington ran a 5 flat.
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: QUACK Ma'ae

Post by Duck07 »

TualatinDuck wrote:Que Poly to tell us how to pronounce his last name.
If I paid attention enough while he was teaching us all, I think its Ma-Eh-Uh.
Image
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39222
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: QUACK Ma'ae

Post by greenyellow »

According to GA Tre Watson, it sounds like Oregon isn't done yet:
Image
woundedknees
All-American
Posts: 12821
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: Treven Ma'ae - QUACK

Post by woundedknees »

buckmarkduck wrote:
pdxduck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:He had a solid offer list, curious why only a 3*.
Because he runs a 4.9 40. I don't think we've ever had a successful linebacker that slow.
This article has his SPARQ laser timed 40 at 4.6.

https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/week ... -showdown/
And that's later times. Dont know where the 4.9 is coming from, but it's wrong. Kid will be a beast at 250- 260

Also to answer the previous question, Tony Washington ran a 5 flat.
No worries... With the "Oregon Bump", he'll be a 2* in no time!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Image
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 936
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: Treven Ma'ae - QUACK

Post by ducks5ever »

StevensTechU wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:
pdxduck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:He had a solid offer list, curious why only a 3*.
Because he runs a 4.9 40. I don't think we've ever had a successful linebacker that slow.
This article has his SPARQ laser timed 40 at 4.6.

https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/week ... -showdown/
Watching his highlights I would have guessed him at faster than 4.9 but I wouldn't have guessed 4.6. Anyway 40 times aren't as important as 10 yard times which we never see anyway.
I agree, but I would say that if you recruit Hunter Kampmoyer athleticism, you get Hunter Kampmoyer production.

Yes my thoughts exactly. I'd rather have someone who is really good at the end spot or OLB spot but not so so at both (Kampoyer; Kenny Rowe covering the 1st Auburn TD, etc.). But hey thank goodness I'm not good at evaluating talent and perhaps he can turn into a Jelks monster.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: QUACK Ma'ae

Post by jimmy12 »

Phenom wrote:He's got great potential because of his athletic ability and size. was my #1 realistic rush end want.
Phenom-- I'd like to hear more about why he was your number 1? Even more than higher rated athletes?
polyduck
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:26 pm
Location: Vancouver. WA

Re: QUACK Ma'ae

Post by polyduck »

Duck07 wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:Que Poly to tell us how to pronounce his last name.
If I paid attention enough while he was teaching us all, I think its Ma-Eh-Uh.

It's pronounced:

Ma'ae....Mah-ah-eh

He's related to my wife's family.

#lezgoDucks!
Post Reply