Visitors for BGSU
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Visitors for BGSU
Oregon is hosting a small contingent of recruits for the BGSU game, with it mainly being current commits and PNW recruits: https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/i ... iver_index

- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: Visitors for BGSU
Savell Smalls would be a huge pickup. I don't follow recruiting much but I heard Florida State is the presumed leader for him; is that true?
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Visitors for BGSU
Wouldn't surprise me since his HS coach is good friends with Taggart now and seems to be pushing his best athletes towards them.lukeyrid13 wrote:Savell Smalls would be a huge pickup. I don't follow recruiting much but I heard Florida State is the presumed leader for him; is that true?

-
TualatinDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 2439
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 am
- Location: Tualatin
Re: Visitors for BGSU
Must have been one hell of a hummer!greenyellow wrote:Wouldn't surprise me since his HS coach is good friends with Taggart now and seems to be pushing his best athletes towards them.lukeyrid13 wrote:Savell Smalls would be a huge pickup. I don't follow recruiting much but I heard Florida State is the presumed leader for him; is that true?
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Visitors for BGSU
Interesting tidbit from Smalls about Herbert. I wonder if the pull of playing with his brother is enough to overcome the pull of the NFL.

- Phalanx
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5000
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Re: Visitors for BGSU
It would be huge for the program if Herbert stayed, but I am curious how much of a selling point it would actually be to a linebacker recruit.
My son and I were by the tunnel when the visitors were walking through. I don't know anything about recruits and what they look like, but it appeared to me that there were a number of them with what looked like their coaches. They seemed excited to be there, taking pictures of fans, etc. Kind of fun to watch, and fun to watch my son take it all in for the first time.
My son and I were by the tunnel when the visitors were walking through. I don't know anything about recruits and what they look like, but it appeared to me that there were a number of them with what looked like their coaches. They seemed excited to be there, taking pictures of fans, etc. Kind of fun to watch, and fun to watch my son take it all in for the first time.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Visitors for BGSU
It likely means nothing for Smalls since he's a 2020 guy but it's something he heard this past weekend so he decided to pass it on. According to Andrew Nemec, he was told by a 2019 QB recruit that Herbert was most likely coming back in 2019.Phalanx wrote:It would be huge for the program if Herbert stayed, but I am curious how much of a selling point it would actually be to a linebacker recruit.
My son and I were by the tunnel when the visitors were walking through. I don't know anything about recruits and what they look like, but it appeared to me that there were a number of them with what looked like their coaches. They seemed excited to be there, taking pictures of fans, etc. Kind of fun to watch, and fun to watch my son take it all in for the first time.
