QUACK! Kayvon Thibodeaux commits

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
GoDucksIn09
Senior
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am

Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I said even after the Washington game thought he would end up at Alabama. I have seen top recruits say how they love Oregon etc etc but they end up elsewhere. No shock here. No stretch either.
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I know nothing, but I felt really good about KT until about a week ago and now feel like we are gonna finish second. Just a hunch but I don’t have my hopes up anymore.
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39222
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info

Post by greenyellow »

It seems the only recruit Oregon has won a head-to-head recruiting battle with Alabama for is Sewell.
Image
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:51 am

Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info

Post by AshlandDuck »

greenyellow wrote:It seems the only recruit Oregon has won a head-to-head recruiting battle with Alabama for is Sewell.
Prukop baby!
User avatar
Duckenstein
Freshman
Posts: 1433
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info

Post by Duckenstein »

Could still win ika
greenyellow wrote:It seems the only recruit Oregon has won a head-to-head recruiting battle with Alabama for is Sewell.
User avatar
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1117
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info

Post by duckduckgoose »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I know nothing, but I felt really good about KT until about a week ago and now feel like we are gonna finish second. Just a hunch but I don’t have my hopes up anymore.
What do we get for finishing second? ;)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info

Post by lukeyrid13 »

duckduckgoose wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:I know nothing, but I felt really good about KT until about a week ago and now feel like we are gonna finish second. Just a hunch but I don’t have my hopes up anymore.
What do we get for finishing second? ;)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The opportunity to talk about the ‘“what if’s” to go along with: budda, juju, Pryor, Devon Williams, hufanga, Keenan Allen and many others. 8-)
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info

Post by Duck07 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:The opportunity to talk about the ‘“what if’s” to go along with: budda, juju, Pryor, Devon Williams, hufanga, Keenan Allen and many others. 8-)
We might be able to form a 2-deep of guys who chose SC over us.
Image
User avatar
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:07 pm

Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Duckenstein wrote:Could still win ika
greenyellow wrote:It seems the only recruit Oregon has won a head-to-head recruiting battle with Alabama for is Sewell.
Also Prukop.
User avatar
nogerO
Senior
Posts: 4516
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Wyoming

Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info

Post by nogerO »

duckduckgoose wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:I know nothing, but I felt really good about KT until about a week ago and now feel like we are gonna finish second. Just a hunch but I don’t have my hopes up anymore.
What do we get for finishing second? ;)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A stupid participation trophy?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info

Post by GoDucksTroll »

duckduckgoose wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:I know nothing, but I felt really good about KT until about a week ago and now feel like we are gonna finish second. Just a hunch but I don’t have my hopes up anymore.
What do we get for finishing second? ;)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The prize for finishing second in the Thibodeaux sweepstakes is a JuCo DE no one has ever heard of.

It's not a great consolation prize.
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39222
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon is also supposedly going to be in for both of them in the next week or so.
Image
GrantDuck
Senior
Posts: 2629
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info

Post by GrantDuck »

Missing on KT would suck, but there's still a long time until recruiting is all done and transfers are still on the table.

We really just lost out on the 2 linebackers and Cridell in terms of de-commits. Big Joe needs to start closing on D-lineman though. This is the 2nd year in a row he's whiffed pretty hard.

Also, don't knock these 2-3* kids and JuCo kids. If our staff really does its job, we might hit big on a couple of them.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info

Post by jimmy12 »

Has he whiffed? I didnt realize the class was over.
Merganzer
Senior
Posts: 3656
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am

Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info

Post by Merganzer »

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/i ... ncart_2box

"And Cristobal and his staff still appear to be the favorites to land Thibodeaux, who would be the highest-rated pledge in program history."
Post Reply