And our poor track record with transfers in general. The odds of Johnson somehow being a better addition than Puka or Ford are really small.greenyellow wrote:Most people are basing this on potential and catching ability, both of which Ford and Nacua show/have while Johnson is not quite at that same level.jimmy12 wrote:brich75 wrote:Lol I can’t even believe Johnson is in this “who would you rather” scenario.. it’s like having a hat for Bama, Clemson, and Oregon St on the table
I don't follow. This Johnson : https://247sports.com/Player/Juwan-John ... ool-52053/
Who is now 225 lbs.
Are you thinking Johnny Johnson?
Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson?
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson
I actually think Johnson would be the most helpful for the 2019 season at least.
Ford would have been if he were guaranteed to be 100% healthy but he probably won't be. I would be happy with Johnson as a consolation prize. Obviously having an All-American WR that we can have for 3-4 years is better than a good WR for one year but if they both stick with USC I'll happily take Johnson since he's the best grad transfer WR available at this point.
Ford would have been if he were guaranteed to be 100% healthy but he probably won't be. I would be happy with Johnson as a consolation prize. Obviously having an All-American WR that we can have for 3-4 years is better than a good WR for one year but if they both stick with USC I'll happily take Johnson since he's the best grad transfer WR available at this point.
- Duckenstein
- Freshman
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:43 pm
Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson
Both Johnson and cager are visiting. They intend to take a grad transfer wr
-
buckmarkduck
- All-American
- Posts: 11009
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
- Contact:
Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson
We can take 1 of the HS guys and the grad transfer. It's not an either or thing.jimmy12 wrote:I can only see them taking one....unless we see more than one transfer.
Juwan Johnson (Grad Transfer) : https://247sports.com/Player/Juwan-Johnson-31894/
Puka Nacua: https://247sports.com/Player/Puka-Nacua-46039709/
Kyle Ford: https://247sports.com/Player/Kyle-Ford-46037885/
I think I am on the Puka train. He is really fast and runs great routes.
What do people think? There is likely a choice coming....
-
TualatinDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 2439
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 am
- Location: Tualatin
Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson
Johnson and Puka are my picks.buckmarkduck wrote:We can take 1 of the HS guys and the grad transfer. It's not an either or thing.jimmy12 wrote:I can only see them taking one....unless we see more than one transfer.
Juwan Johnson (Grad Transfer) : https://247sports.com/Player/Juwan-Johnson-31894/
Puka Nacua: https://247sports.com/Player/Puka-Nacua-46039709/
Kyle Ford: https://247sports.com/Player/Kyle-Ford-46037885/
I think I am on the Puka train. He is really fast and runs great routes.
What do people think? There is likely a choice coming....
The attrition part for me is interesting how it will play out.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
- brich75
- Senior
- Posts: 4054
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:27 pm
Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson
I’m solely basing it on the fact that he is a grad transfer. The other two are as good or possibly better and have way more eligibility. So in a “who would you rather” scenario I don’t think it’s even close between the two 2019 guys and a grad transfer.karlhungis wrote:And our poor track record with transfers in general. The odds of Johnson somehow being a better addition than Puka or Ford are really small.greenyellow wrote:Most people are basing this on potential and catching ability, both of which Ford and Nacua show/have while Johnson is not quite at that same level.jimmy12 wrote:brich75 wrote:Lol I can’t even believe Johnson is in this “who would you rather” scenario.. it’s like having a hat for Bama, Clemson, and Oregon St on the table
I don't follow. This Johnson : https://247sports.com/Player/Juwan-John ... ool-52053/
Who is now 225 lbs.
Are you thinking Johnny Johnson?
-
duckfan96
- Senior
- Posts: 2705
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:58 pm
Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson
Doesn’t look bad, I know it’s a highlight tape so no drops shown in it.
-
maxduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3763
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm
Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson
Rumor du jour is Bru McCoy wants to leave USC for Texas. He is enrolled but not sure if he actually signed a LOI rather than a scholarship agreement. His leaving could affect the decision or either Ford or Nacua. Both show committed to SC.
- Hoagduck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 977
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:37 pm
Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson
Come on Ford; leave a sinking shipmaxduck wrote:Rumor du jour is Bru McCoy wants to leave USC for Texas. He is enrolled but not sure if he actually signed a LOI rather than a scholarship agreement. His leaving could affect the decision or either Ford or Nacua. Both show committed to SC.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson
No chance that’s true.
-
TualatinDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 2439
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 am
- Location: Tualatin
Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson
What McCoy?jimmy12 wrote:No chance that’s true.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson
Correct. There is a fake 247
Post being circulated bit that’s fake. I just dont see it being true
Post being circulated bit that’s fake. I just dont see it being true
-
TualatinDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 2439
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 am
- Location: Tualatin
Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson
Well if its fake then who ever started it just got MSN/FOX to bite. Its on MSN front page.jimmy12 wrote:Correct. There is a fake 247
Post being circulated bit that’s fake. I just dont see it being true
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

