Puka Nacua postpones decision.
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
TyranT
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:06 pm
Puka Nacua postpones decision.
Decided not to sign today. Can’t help but to believe this is a wait and see who we get as a WR coach. I believe there is still hope!
- Phenom
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 9914
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am
Re: Puka Nacua postpones decision.
Apparently, that's why he decided to hold off. 
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Puka Nacua postpones decision.
According to Ruth, he held off because Oregon's bagman made a late delivery.
The rumor is more along the lines of some current players and player families putting on a late pitch and getting him to delay until our WR coaching situation is sorted out. This looks incredibly promising. I thought Puka ain't coming, ecstatic if I'm wrong.
The rumor is more along the lines of some current players and player families putting on a late pitch and getting him to delay until our WR coaching situation is sorted out. This looks incredibly promising. I thought Puka ain't coming, ecstatic if I'm wrong.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Puka Nacua postpones decision.
Ah yes, those formidable Oregon bag men. They’re siphoning some of that tie dye money down in Eugene off to players.
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40590
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Puka Nacua postpones decision.
For some reason I feel like this is good for Oregon. We'll see..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
-
AshlandDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 305
- Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:51 am
Re: Puka Nacua postpones decision.
UOducksTK1 wrote:For some reason I feel like this is good for Oregon. We'll see..
Notre Dame insider Tom Loy said on twitter that a source told him to put in a CB for Pakua for Oregon, and he seems confident that this prediction is true regarding the postponement.
-
jsfduck
- Two Star Recruit
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:49 am
Re: Puka Nacua postpones decision.
I am curious in light of this if there has there been any new word/updates on a new wr coach?
-
TualatinDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 2439
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 am
- Location: Tualatin
Re: Puka Nacua postpones decision.
Only update was from the presser where Mario said a WR hire could come in the next few days.jsfduck wrote:I am curious in light of this if there has there been any new word/updates on a new wr coach?
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39219
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Puka Nacua postpones decision.
I think this bodes well for Oregon. If he was indeed all-UW, he would have signed with them today. Since he didn't, Oregon is still very much in it but they need to stick the WR coach hire.

- Phalanx
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5006
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Re: Puka Nacua postpones decision.
The questions toward the end of the presser were amusing - everyone in the room knows that Puka is waiting on that hire. Also interesting was when MC kind of dodged a question about being over the scholarship limit. The answer he gave was regarding how many recruits were coming for spring ball, but I don't think that makes any difference for the total limit, does it? I wonder who is leaving / getting pushed out.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39219
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Puka Nacua postpones decision.
Oregon right now is at around 86-87 players under scholarship, which could still go up to as many as 89 if they get both Nacua and Juwan Johnson. Early enrollees don't matter since teams are limited to 85 total scholarships. That means Oregon will likely be seeing some medical retirements and/or transfers to get under that limit.Phalanx wrote:The questions toward the end of the presser were amusing - everyone in the room knows that Puka is waiting on that hire. Also interesting was when MC kind of dodged a question about being over the scholarship limit. The answer he gave was regarding how many recruits were coming for spring ball, but I don't think that makes any difference for the total limit, does it? I wonder who is leaving / getting pushed out.

-
gogreen55
- Senior
- Posts: 2369
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:39 pm
Re: Puka Nacua postpones decision.
Some of the best news of the day.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Puka Nacua postpones decision.
Just to play devil’s advocate, perhaps he’s waiting to see whonoregon hires to appease his parents/advisors, but he already knows where he wants to go.
Just wanna advise against getting ahead of yourselves. It’s up in the air, though I’m hopeful.
Just wanna advise against getting ahead of yourselves. It’s up in the air, though I’m hopeful.
-
gogreen55
- Senior
- Posts: 2369
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:39 pm
Re: Puka Nacua postpones decision.
The fact it is up in the air is the good news. People were making it sound like we had no chance the past couple of days...now we have a chance.StevensTechU wrote:It’s up in the air, though I’m hopeful.
With how competitive the games with Washington will likely be in coming years, a single recruiting battle like this over a (potential) impact player could conceivably be the difference between winning a couple conference titles or finishing as bridesmaids.
- Phalanx
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5006
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Re: Puka Nacua postpones decision.
It's okay, I am used to disappointment. Did you notice the part where they flat out asked him when the hiring was happening because of the reports that recruits were holding off, and he smiled and made a joke like 'What are you trying to say?". I think everyone is aware that at a minimum, Nacua is waiting to see who gets hired - even if he doesn't actually want to come to Oregon.StevensTechU wrote:Just to play devil’s advocate, perhaps he’s waiting to see whonoregon hires to appease his parents/advisors, but he already knows where he wants to go.
Just wanna advise against getting ahead of yourselves. It’s up in the air, though I’m hopeful.