Reinvent the full back
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
- Quietduck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 622
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:43 pm
Reinvent the full back
Have you seen Noah Sewell's tape? He makes me want to reinvent the fullback and have him play both ways. As a linebacker, he closes quickly and tackles well. When they show him running he has good speed and people seem to bounce.
Quietduck
Quietduck
-
Duck24
- Senior
- Posts: 4744
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:36 am
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: Reinvent the full back
The guys on the Pardon My Take podcast are in full support of this.
-
RebelDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 233
- Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:54 am
Re: Reinvent the full back
Would be fun with our offensive line
-
TualatinDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 2439
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 am
- Location: Tualatin
Re: Reinvent the full back
Also he is on campus until Sunday visiting.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
- FlDuckFan
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5068
- Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:45 am
- GM: Orlando Magic GM
- Location: Florida
Re: Reinvent the full back
If you do this, who comes off the field?
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Reinvent the full back
I love some fullback. In an I-formation there's nothing more fun to play. I'll still watch some Mike Alstot highlights. I always thought we should have ran Colt Lyerla more. But there's a reason modern offenses have shied away from the FB, spreading the defense out and preventing them from stacking the box seems to be why. It would be interesting if we tried it.
Noah Sewell put on like 50 pounds in one year, I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up as a DE. Definitely a top priority prospect for us. He's flying up the rankings, and might still be underrated.
Noah Sewell put on like 50 pounds in one year, I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up as a DE. Definitely a top priority prospect for us. He's flying up the rankings, and might still be underrated.
- Quietduck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 622
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:43 pm
Re: Reinvent the full back
I don't remember his hands but he could be at fullback (we have two back often at the snap), or be at the H back and seal the end of the line. But defense is still likely to be his strength.
-
spacefrog13x
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 392
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:40 am
Re: Reinvent the full back
The Mid 2000's West Virginia teams with Pat White and Steve Slatton, used a Fullback (Owen Schmidt) out of the spread formation.
-
GrantDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 2629
- Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm
Re: Reinvent the full back
Wasn't that the dude that smashed his face bloody with his own helmet before a game?spacefrog13x wrote:The Mid 2000's West Virginia teams with Pat White and Steve Slatton, used a Fullback (Owen Schmidt) out of the spread formation.
Hate to see that guy running through a hole at me.