I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by karlhungis »

SuperDuck wrote:What time is DJ's commitment today?
Isn't it just an announcement of when his commitment will be announced? Or is he actually committing?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
User avatar
Tray Dub
Senior
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by Tray Dub »

He's actually committing, and it'll be at noon pacific.
karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by karlhungis »

Tray Dub wrote:He's actually committing, and it'll be at noon pacific.
Interesting. What are our odds? Seems like they have to be almost non existent, based on the lack of discussion.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by greenyellow »

karlhungis wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:He's actually committing, and it'll be at noon pacific.
Interesting. What are our odds? Seems like they have to be almost non existent, based on the lack of discussion.
It's basically all-Clemson in the predictions for him so start hoping Oregon gets Butterfield.
Image
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by Duck07 »

Butterfield is no consolation prize, that much is true. We do have a real chance at the younger brother but we have to make it to the playoff to start winning these kind of battles against Clemson or Bama.
Image
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 am
Location: Roseburg, OR
Contact:

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by rsbgduck »

Duck07 wrote:Butterfield is no consolation prize, that much is true. We do have a real chance at the younger brother but we have to make it to the playoff to start winning these kind of battles against Clemson or Bama.

The last big recruiting battle with Bama turned out ok ;) :lol:
I understand what you mean. Remember though, how many yrs was bama a middle/bottom of the SEC before Saben came in and brought them back to dominance. It takes time to build sustainability and we have never been Bama which makes what MC and company are doing so very impressive. IMO, it takes much longer and is harder to build a consistent championship (conference/NYD Bowls/NC) program than it does to build a NC contending team once.
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Nemec’s 5-star recruit was really the women’s basketball player?

That’s just... I don’t even know how he thought it would be okay to tease it that way. It was clearly in a football context, you’re not getting DJ but a different 5-star. I can’t blame people for being disappointed even at great news when it’s reported as such. Bait and switch.
User avatar
Phalanx
All Pac-12
Posts: 5000
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by Phalanx »

I kind of wonder if the woman's basketball player was just cover for a bad piece of intel. Seems very silly otherwise.
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by Duck07 »

What if PaoPao is not the 5 star he wrote about?
Image
Merganzer
Senior
Posts: 3656
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by Merganzer »

GoDucksTroll wrote:Nemec’s 5-star recruit was really the women’s basketball player?

That’s just... I don’t even know how he thought it would be okay to tease it that way. It was clearly in a football context, you’re not getting DJ but a different 5-star. I can’t blame people for being disappointed even at great news when it’s reported as such. Bait and switch.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by jimmy12 »

It is
User avatar
OregonFan4Life
All-American
Posts: 15153
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I don’t have Twitter but I hope duck fans pour it on Nemec and don’t let him get away with that crap. That whole BS about not mentioning sport and trying to avoid admitting to his poker journalism is pathetic, especially since he claims those fans calling him out aren’t duck fans.
Image
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by jimmy12 »

He’s saying he never alluded to it being a football commit. He’s now calling out individual twitter posters as seemingly sexist or biased. It’s pretty bad. I listened to his pod and various interviews and he always talked about that commit while discussing football recruiting. Really poor form in my opinion.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by StevensTechU »

I've said this before, but I have a lot of mutual friends with Andy Nemec, and he's a giant bag of s***.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 am
Location: Roseburg, OR
Contact:

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by rsbgduck »

You can put makeup on a pig and it’s still a pig, just a pig with makeup. When he created that rumor he knew exactly what he was doing.
Post Reply