DJ to Clemson
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39218
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: DJ to Clemson
While the Ducks would have been off with him from a talent standpoint, I think not getting DJ U may actually work out better for Oregon's QB depth down the road. If they get Butterfield, he probably won't immediately displace Shough or Millen due to Butterfield likely needing some time to add weight so he can survive the rigors of college football.

-
oregonpride
- Two Star Recruit
- Posts: 162
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:32 am
Re: DJ to Clemson
Thankfully the Ducks have a great second option who would be the number one almost any other year. Pretty awesome deal!
- OregonFan4Life
- All-American
- Posts: 15153
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: DJ to Clemson
Good get for Clemson, DJ is a one of a kind talent, but that makes me wonder if he’ll end up being a disappointment cause of his extremely high standards. How will he handle replacing Lawrence and trying to fill his shoes while filling the big expectations for him? Hope he succeeds, but for a while now, even when I thought Oregon would land him, I felt like he’d end up being a disappointment.
Last edited by OregonFan4Life on Mon May 06, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-
RebelDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:54 am
Re: DJ to Clemson
Exactly. Getting DJ could have resulted in Shough and/or Millen to transfer if DJ is as good as advertised and starts from day 1. Ducks need the QB depthgreenyellow wrote:While the Ducks would have been off with him from a talent standpoint, I think not getting DJ U may actually work out better for Oregon's QB depth down the road. If they get Butterfield, he probably won't immediately displace Shough or Millen due to Butterfield likely needing some time to add weight so he can survive the rigors of college football.
- Hoagduck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 977
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:37 pm
Re: DJ to Clemson
Shough really stepping up lately makes this sting a lot less, on top of the fact that we're still in the running for Butterfield. I'm just glad he didn't go to USC!
- FlDuckFan
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5068
- Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:45 am
- GM: Orlando Magic GM
- Location: Florida
Re: DJ to Clemson
Might be a blessing in disguise when it comes to QB depth. If DJ were to come in and start you could probably kiss Shough , and Cale goodbye via transfers.
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: DJ to Clemson
USC unfortunately already has a 5 star QB commit. Mater dei QB who’s a dual threat guy.Hoagduck wrote:Shough really stepping up lately makes this sting a lot less, on top of the fact that we're still in the running for Butterfield. I'm just glad he didn't go to USC!
- Hoagduck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 977
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:37 pm
Re: DJ to Clemson
I’m sure whoever USC’s next coach is will love him!lukeyrid13 wrote:USC unfortunately already has a 5 star QB commit. Mater dei QB who’s a dual threat guy.Hoagduck wrote:Shough really stepping up lately makes this sting a lot less, on top of the fact that we're still in the running for Butterfield. I'm just glad he didn't go to USC!
- FlDuckFan
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5068
- Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:45 am
- GM: Orlando Magic GM
- Location: Florida
Re: DJ to Clemson
Urban loves big dual threat guys.Hoagduck wrote:I’m sure whoever USC’s next coach is will love him!lukeyrid13 wrote:USC unfortunately already has a 5 star QB commit. Mater dei QB who’s a dual threat guy.Hoagduck wrote:Shough really stepping up lately makes this sting a lot less, on top of the fact that we're still in the running for Butterfield. I'm just glad he didn't go to USC!
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40587
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
-
chapelhillduck
- Senior
- Posts: 2395
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:15 am
Re: DJ to Clemson
DJU honestly seems like a good kid, sucks we didn't get him but best of luck
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
GoDucksIn09
- Senior
- Posts: 3086
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am
Re: DJ to Clemson
I am not surprised. Most 5 stars do not end up at Oregon. It would have been great if DJ chose Oregon. I had some hope after KT but most everyone figured he was going to Clemson. I would much prefer the weather in Oregon over the weather in SC especially during the summer. Oh well no surprise here.
-
GrantDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 2629
- Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm
Re: DJ to Clemson
Congrats to him, seems like a great kid and family. Clemson also has a better baseball program than ol' Horton hears a who.
I personally don't get the appeal of Yabo Dabo Doo as a coach, but he's won 2 of the last 3 titles, so he's doing something right.
I personally don't get the appeal of Yabo Dabo Doo as a coach, but he's won 2 of the last 3 titles, so he's doing something right.
-
alxtw
- Freshman
- Posts: 1265
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm
Re: DJ to Clemson
I guess if you're highly religious and parents are also highly religious, playing for Dabo is appealing.GrantDuck wrote:Congrats to him, seems like a great kid and family. Clemson also has a better baseball program than ol' Horton hears a who.
I personally don't get the appeal of Yabo Dabo Doo as a coach, but he's won 2 of the last 3 titles, so he's doing something right.
