I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
User avatar
nogerO
Senior
Posts: 4516
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Wyoming

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by nogerO »

[quote="StevensTechU"]I've said this before, but I have a lot of mutual friends with Andy Nemec, and he's a giant douche canoe. quote]


fixed
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think nemec is totally missing the boat on this one....it’s a one step forward 3 steps back kinda deal. Yes, he correctly called a 5 star commit, but he also planted himself into canzano sensationalist journalism territory. Gonna be a lot harder to take him seriously moving forward.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by StevensTechU »

I blame people who think Nemec is 'in the know.' He's not. He's just trying to make you stay tuned. That's different.
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week

Post by greenyellow »

Who knew people would get so salty over this? If people listened close enough to him over the years, they'd know when football has an upcoming commit he's been told about, he typically makes it pretty clear. This case with PaoPao was him being slightly more vague (but still not saying which sport) since if he got any more specific, it could have ruined PaoPao's announcement before it got out. I think people are just worked up because her commitment happened at around the same time as DJ U's and they were expecting a football commit to soften the blow. Plus, Nemec's tendency to get a bit defensive is not helping. All in all, people really need to move on already and quit taking things so seriously.
Image
Post Reply