QUACK! Chris Steele commits/transfer in

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Chris Steele

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I think Steele did everything right, based on what we know and considering the situation. We're definitely going to be a major factor here, especially if immediate eligibility is in his future.
laxattack22
One Star Recruit
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:37 am

Re: Chris Steele

Post by laxattack22 »

A much better and informative read in this article which does a good job of summarizing the character of Chris Steele and the disaster this is for UF.
Also bonus points awarded for it not being a Nemec link ;)

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/flori ... he-gators/
RebelDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:54 am

Re: Chris Steele

Post by RebelDuck »

I believe Oregon is one over the scholarship limit. So, two current scholarship players need to leave for Steele to be a possibility. I’m not counting on it.
wepto
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1039
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Chris Steele

Post by wepto »

RebelDuck wrote:I believe Oregon is one over the scholarship limit. So, two current scholarship players need to leave for Steele to be a possibility. I’m not counting on it.
I thought that Oregon being one over the limit was based on The Oregonian's estimation that Ryan Day is on scholarship--but since that that information is not fully disclosed to the public, it's more of a 'best guess' than fact.

EDIT: But I easily could have misunderstood.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Chris Steele

Post by jimmy12 »

So am now reading Steele was notnpart of any assault. No idea what’s true and not. Also hearing coach dante is all over him and it’s between ducks and usc.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Chris Steele

Post by jimmy12 »

And heard Gemon Eaford is going in the portal
wepto
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1039
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Chris Steele

Post by wepto »

jimmy12 wrote:And heard Gemon Eaford is going in the portal
Woah, what's the story there? How can a guy sour on the program so much in like, 4 months?
maxduck
Senior
Posts: 3763
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Chris Steele

Post by maxduck »

Neither linebacker coach (Cort Dennison and Jim Leavitt) is still with the program and there is a somewhat new defensive scheme. If true sorry to see him go.
User avatar
Phalanx
All Pac-12
Posts: 5044
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Chris Steele

Post by Phalanx »

I'm a little confused - wouldn't Steele only start counting for next year's scholarship limit? He has to sit a year, right?
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Chris Steele

Post by jimmy12 »

Depends on his appeal
GrantDuck
Senior
Posts: 2629
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Chris Steele

Post by GrantDuck »

Phalanx wrote:I'm a little confused - wouldn't Steele only start counting for next year's scholarship limit? He has to sit a year, right?
Given his appeal would be for a really good reason, it's likely the NCAA will deny it. :|
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 am
Location: Roseburg, OR
Contact:

Re: Chris Steele

Post by rsbgduck »

GrantDuck wrote:
Phalanx wrote:I'm a little confused - wouldn't Steele only start counting for next year's scholarship limit? He has to sit a year, right?
Given his appeal would be for a really good reason, it's likely the NCAA will deny it. :|
Sad but very true
User avatar
Duckenstein
Freshman
Posts: 1433
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Chris Steele

Post by Duckenstein »

RebelDuck wrote:I believe Oregon is one over the scholarship limit. So, two current scholarship players need to leave for Steele to be a possibility. I’m not counting on it.
Count on it

Players leave every year.
User avatar
Duckenstein
Freshman
Posts: 1433
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Chris Steele

Post by Duckenstein »

Phalanx wrote:I'm a little confused - wouldn't Steele only start counting for next year's scholarship limit? He has to sit a year, right?
They need to trim 1 guy before fall camp iirc

With Steele they'll need 2 med retirements or transfers
karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Chris Steele

Post by karlhungis »

People keep talking about this as if he is coming. Is this happening or are people merely wishing it happened?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Post Reply