QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39214
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon continues adding some big bodies along the OL, this time from 3* 2020 OL Faaope Laloulu out of Hawaii.
Image
Everythingsducky
Senior
Posts: 2720
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Re: QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits

Post by Everythingsducky »

Mario continues to go with beef, but gets them on programs when in the system. Evidently it is easier to get them to shed weight than gain it. Can’t teach 6’7” though. What surprises me most, is that the last two classes have been devoid of Hawaiian players. Kind of perplexing.
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Everythingsducky wrote:Mario continues to go with beef, but gets them on programs when in the system. Evidently it is easier to get them to shed weight than gain it. Can’t teach 6’7” though. What surprises me most, is that the last two classes have been devoid of Hawaiian players. Kind of perplexing.
As someone into fitness and weightlifting I've found it much easier to lose weight than purposely gain it. Especially as a young man. We've seen Sala, Justin Johnson, and Chris Randazzo cut a lot of weight very quickly. The amount of cardio and weight lifting these guys do, at their giant sizes and young ages, means that they need an obscene number of calories just to maintain their weight.

It's about 6500 calories for a 6'7" 390 pound, 18 year old man to maintain weight. That is like having a Red Robin burger with two sides of fries and a soft drink three times per day, and maybe with a few snacks thrown in. At that height/weight/age/activity combo you could lose 15+ pounds per month just by subbing a 500 calorie shake for one of your meals. If you didn't have to worry about maintaining muscle you could easily lose a pound per day while still eating three large, but healthy, meals.

I've lost seven pounds during a week of two-a-days, and I had no weight to spare back then.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits

Post by StevensTechU »

Anyone find any video of him from his junior year?
woundedknees
All-American
Posts: 12821
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits

Post by woundedknees »

Heck, I lost 14 pounds in the last 10 days... For real.

All it took was getting 26 teeth pulled on MaI was getting.y 30th. (You don't want to know!)

Seriously, in my late 20's , I maintained my eating habits during a job change, back when I was a 5'10"/185-ish kid, and lost 20+ in 3 weeks. All I was doing was re-arranging my muscles, do to the type of exercise I was getting.

I literally went from doing a job involving a lot of heavy lifting and walking, to a more cardio oriented program, involving climbing and running up and down steep, brushy hillsides, dragging cables, chainsaws, and various other logging equipment around.

I have no doubt a well qualified s&c coach, working with a dedicated athlete, in a controlled environment such as the H-D Center, could work miracles nobody would have believed 25 years ago.

They've come a long way, baby!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Image
woundedknees
All-American
Posts: 12821
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits

Post by woundedknees »

StevensTechU wrote:Anyone find any video of him from his junior year?
Sophomore film. Not much out there!



Oops!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO3iuzPUmtA

Evidently the Laloulu family has a sense of humor...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Image
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40587
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits

Post by UOducksTK1 »

That's a big boy! I love having some OL projects, because we got the right coaching staff to develop them.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits

Post by StevensTechU »

I was trying to dig into why he's rated so low (3*, .83 on 247sports) at his size, but I'm struggling to find his tape. All I found was one camp video where he didn't look half bad but against poor competition, and the really short video woundedknees posted in this thread where he looks really slow footed but he's a sophomore (meaning he was potentially still adjusting to his body). We'll see how it goes, I guess.
woundedknees
All-American
Posts: 12821
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits

Post by woundedknees »

That camp video sounded like he was working against underclassmen... He was definitely abusing the linebacker!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Image
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits

Post by GoDucksTroll »

StevensTechU wrote:I was trying to dig into why he's rated so low (3*, .83 on 247sports) at his size, but I'm struggling to find his tape. All I found was one camp video where he didn't look half bad but against poor competition, and the really short video woundedknees posted in this thread where he looks really slow footed but he's a sophomore (meaning he was potentially still adjusting to his body). We'll see how it goes, I guess.
He's playing at a really low level in Hawaii. I think Max Unger was in the same boat. Hawaii HS football is a weird creature. Lots of great players out of there, but for the most part it's very low level.

I think the biggest thing that gives me confidence in this commit is that he offers from USC, Washington, and UCLA. UCLA isn't offering anyone, to the point where I'm wondering what Chip is doing.
GrantDuck
Senior
Posts: 2629
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits

Post by GrantDuck »

Love this commit for all sorts of reasons. If nothing else, it shows Mario and Mirabal are still grinding to find talent, even though we are landing 4 and 5* kids.
alxtw
Freshman
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits

Post by alxtw »

woundedknees wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Anyone find any video of him from his junior year?
Sophomore film. Not much out there!



Oops!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO3iuzPUmtA

Evidently the Laloulu family has a sense of humor...
He looks pretty light on his feet. Its amazing that he isn't even the largest guy in the family.
Post Reply