Dillon Johnson commits to Miss. St.

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
Greenblood
Senior
Posts: 3447
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm

Dillon Johnson commits to Miss. St.

Post by Greenblood »

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2 ... thers.html

Suppose it could have been that apparently Oregon wanted him on defense, but he didn't want that.
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Dillon Johnson commits to Miss. St.

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I think the Oregon coaches are more ethical than I.

I'd be like "Offense, defense, whatever. Come to Eugene and we'll put you where you want to be... And if you're good enough to be there then great, if not we're placing you where we think you can succeed for our team."
alxtw
Freshman
Posts: 1265
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: Dillon Johnson commits to Miss. St.

Post by alxtw »

GoDucksTroll wrote:I think the Oregon coaches are more ethical than I.

I'd be like "Offense, defense, whatever. Come to Eugene and we'll put you where you want to be... And if you're good enough to be there then great, if not we're placing you where we think you can succeed for our team."
Didn't MC used to allow the players to choose which side they wanted to play first and, if the player wasn't developing ther, then they would change the player to a new position/side? Or was that during Helf's tenure?
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Dillon Johnson commits to Miss. St.

Post by StevensTechU »

alxtw wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:I think the Oregon coaches are more ethical than I.

I'd be like "Offense, defense, whatever. Come to Eugene and we'll put you where you want to be... And if you're good enough to be there then great, if not we're placing you where we think you can succeed for our team."
Didn't MC used to allow the players to choose which side they wanted to play first and, if the player wasn't developing ther, then they would change the player to a new position/side? Or was that during Helf's tenure?
Helf
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 am
Location: Roseburg, OR
Contact:

Re: Dillon Johnson commits to Miss. St.

Post by rsbgduck »

GoDucksTroll wrote:I think the Oregon coaches are more ethical than I.

I'd be like "Offense, defense, whatever. Come to Eugene and we'll put you where you want to be... And if you're good enough to be there then great, if not we're placing you where we think you can succeed for our team."

Im guessing this basically (worded a little different :lol: ) in every scholarship contract. No position or spot can ever be guaranteed IMO, and any recruit who believes a coach who says that is a fool. I promise you that if MC had a 3yr starter and a Fresh came in and played better, that Fresh would get the start.
User avatar
OregonFan4Life
All-American
Posts: 15155
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: Dillon Johnson commits to Miss. St.

Post by OregonFan4Life »

rsbgduck wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:I think the Oregon coaches are more ethical than I.

I'd be like "Offense, defense, whatever. Come to Eugene and we'll put you where you want to be... And if you're good enough to be there then great, if not we're placing you where we think you can succeed for our team."

Im guessing this basically (worded a little different :lol: ) in every scholarship contract. No position or spot can ever be guaranteed IMO, and any recruit who believes a coach who says that is a fool. I promise you that if MC had a 3yr starter and a Fresh came in and played better, that Fresh would get the start.
Isn’t that why Helf started Prukop over Herbert? Cause he promised Prukop the starting job even though Herbert was better? I think sometimes when coaches are desperate enough they do that.
Image
Merganzer
Senior
Posts: 3656
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am

Re: Dillon Johnson commits to Miss. St.

Post by Merganzer »

Post Reply