Chances on Sewell, Smalls, and Flowe
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
GoDucksIn09
- Senior
- Posts: 3086
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am
Chances on Sewell, Smalls, and Flowe
I wanted to find out where most think we stand with arguably the top 3 recruits for Oregon left in this class. I think the chances we get all 3 is slim to none. I do think we get Sewell but miss out on Smalls and Flowe. I would love to be wrong but everything I have read so far over the last couple months indicate Smalls is going to Clemson or Alabama. I would love to be wrong. I am not sure how much of a contender we are for Flowe. I know we made his final 4 and are the only west coast school to do that.
-
alxtw
- Freshman
- Posts: 1264
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm
Re: Chances on Sewell, Smalls, and Flowe
It strongly depends on our performance on the field and improvement from last year. Kids want to play for contenders nowadays. The only one out of the three that I could see signing with us regardless of our record is Sewell.GoDucksIn09 wrote:I wanted to find out where most think we stand with arguably the top 3 recruits for Oregon left in this class. I think the chances we get all 3 is slim to none. I do think we get Sewell but miss out on Smalls and Flowe. I would love to be wrong but everything I have read so far over the last couple months indicate Smalls is going to Clemson or Alabama. I would love to be wrong. I am not sure how much of a contender we are for Flowe. I know we made his final 4 and are the only west coast school to do that.
-
northbeachsf
- Freshman
- Posts: 1494
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:54 pm
Re: Chances on Sewell, Smalls, and Flowe
Sewell - Duck
Flowe - Long shot
Smalls - No shot
Flowe - Long shot
Smalls - No shot
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Chances on Sewell, Smalls, and Flowe
x2. Though I would say Sewell is "ours to lose," just to point out that it's possible....northbeachsf wrote:Sewell - Duck
Flowe - Long shot
Smalls - No shot
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Chances on Sewell, Smalls, and Flowe
I've been saying all year that our on field results will be critical in securing this class and the next one.
Sewell: 75%. We're the obvious favorite and are going to do everything possible. But the Sewell family is enigmatic. Gabe decided to leave Nevada for USC or Oregon, then changed his mind and stayed. Nephi left Nevada for BYU then had a change of heart and wound up at Utah.
Smalls: 25%. We're going to need to beat Bama, Willie, and now UW again. I think we have a real chance. Smalls just wrote a blog for USA Today, and he said he won't take officials until December, so it's probably a traditional February decision. I think this is really the guy who is going to want to see the on field product. Things would need to fall into place perfectly.
Flowe: 10%. The only chance here is that this plays out like a KT scenario. We're an underdog but he spends a Saturday game day in Eugene and realizes that Clemson is too stacked in his class while here he would be an instant big name.
I'll add 2.5% for Kellee Ringo. No secret he wants to play big time SEC football, but he said Oregon will be one of his five official visits so I'll give it odds.
Overall, I'll be ecstatic if we get just Noah Sewell. Add in Elijhah Badger, CJ Stroud, and a decent DT - I'll be ecstatic.
Sewell: 75%. We're the obvious favorite and are going to do everything possible. But the Sewell family is enigmatic. Gabe decided to leave Nevada for USC or Oregon, then changed his mind and stayed. Nephi left Nevada for BYU then had a change of heart and wound up at Utah.
Smalls: 25%. We're going to need to beat Bama, Willie, and now UW again. I think we have a real chance. Smalls just wrote a blog for USA Today, and he said he won't take officials until December, so it's probably a traditional February decision. I think this is really the guy who is going to want to see the on field product. Things would need to fall into place perfectly.
Flowe: 10%. The only chance here is that this plays out like a KT scenario. We're an underdog but he spends a Saturday game day in Eugene and realizes that Clemson is too stacked in his class while here he would be an instant big name.
I'll add 2.5% for Kellee Ringo. No secret he wants to play big time SEC football, but he said Oregon will be one of his five official visits so I'll give it odds.
Overall, I'll be ecstatic if we get just Noah Sewell. Add in Elijhah Badger, CJ Stroud, and a decent DT - I'll be ecstatic.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Chances on Sewell, Smalls, and Flowe
Per recent MC interview i think ducks add:
1 more WR
LB
DT
DE
I also think they will add 1 more TE (because of all the injuries and lack of depth) and 1 more safety
(But that is my guess)— because they like Bennett
Our best chances are as follows:
WR- Holden / Loya
LB Sewell
DT Caldwell
DE (i think Smalls or bust)
My adds:
TE Rogers
S Bennett
there will need to be attrition to support these added players.
1 more WR
LB
DT
DE
I also think they will add 1 more TE (because of all the injuries and lack of depth) and 1 more safety
(But that is my guess)— because they like Bennett
Our best chances are as follows:
WR- Holden / Loya
LB Sewell
DT Caldwell
DE (i think Smalls or bust)
My adds:
TE Rogers
S Bennett
there will need to be attrition to support these added players.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Chances on Sewell, Smalls, and Flowe
I really hope they are able to get Elijah Badger. I could see him ending up elsewhere (ASU might be the biggest threat), but man, he's talented.